9 - I Want to Go Anonymous to Identify

Breem = about 10 minute

Cycle = about 12 hours

Orbital Cycle = about a month

Vorns = 83 years (more used in a" for a very long time" way)

Nano-cycle = about a second

Groon = about an hour

●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘● = perspective change

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── = the end/beginning

- - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - = time break/skip

Vague mentions physical abuse, very vague talk about said abuse

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Optimus and Arcee raced on the road, there was an urgent siting they needed to check out. Ratchet found reports of a black robot with a purple glow. They knew this was Soundwave, and they weren't taking chances on him. After all, Soundwave could be as unpredictable as Starscream. The two hit their brakes sharply, tires squeaking with the strain.

There was Soundwave sitting on a rock watching Laserbeak zip around them. They were doing nothing... Just sitting there. Soundwave moved to stand, avoiding using one of their arms. They looked unstable on their legs, leaning on one over the other. Almost as if they were beaten like Optimus had seen done to Starscream so many times before. And the thinnest parts of their frame looked almost crumpled-- almost like the paper he'd seen Miko play with... 

Laserbeak made a sharp turn towards Soundwave. Laserbeak squawked at its deployer, and Soundwave shook their head at it like Laserbeak were a child. A static jumble of words was returned to the drone. But held strong with the speaking pattern the leader was so familiar with this bot using.

Optimus gestured for Acree to back off and leave the two alone. He continued to watch the two Decepticons.

Soundwave continued to somewhat limp after their squawking deployee. Returning the squawks with their own words. The two seemingly enjoying themselves.

"...what happened to them?" Arcee looked dumbfounded at her leader.

Optimus shook his head, "I'm not sure, Arcee."

The two Purple bots continued their break, the squawking and static filling the air.

"Arcee, stay here. Only come out if Soundwave attempts anything."

Arcee stared at Optimus, "Optimus you can't-" He was off, slowly walking towards the parent and child duo.

●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●

At the sound of steps coming into earshot, Soundwave's helm shot up an exclamation point visible to Optimus. They took a few shaky steps back, doing their best to remain looking intimidating. Then they waved off Laserbeak, and the drone flew off somewhere else.

Optimus stopped at Soundwave's reaction, keeping himself a safe distance away for both their sakes. "Soundwave, no need for the unease. I'm not here to fight."

The broken bot nodded, though still appeared apprehensive.

The righteous leader in front of the bot continued, "I just have a few questions if you don't mind answering them."