18- There's Only Looking Up

Breem = about 10 minute
Cycle = about 12 hour
Orbital Cycle = about a month
Vorns = 83 years (more used in a" for a very long time"/"we've known them for years!" way)
Nano-cycle = about a second
Groon = about an hour
Deca-cycle = about 3 weeks
●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘● = perspective change
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── = the end/beginning
- - - - - - - • - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - = time break/skip
══✬✩══╡˚✧✬✧˚╞══✩✬═══ = time skip and perspective change

Discussions of abuse (per the usual), 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Soundwave fly their way over to the coordinates they were given for the readings. They first noticed the silver jet running in circles, much like the vultures they'd seen before. The second thing they noticed was that this jet was that A; was not a human jet but instead a Decepticon, and B; the jet was Starscream. 

Keeping their distance from the flying second in command, they looked to find what the silver bot was circling.  Through this they found their 2nd most trusted medic Knockout speeding down the Nevada road at a dangerous speed, even in Cybertorian standards.

Going against their best judgment, and Ratchet's requests, they made their presence known to the two by cutting Starscream's circling off abruptly in the air.

The resulting scream from the notorious screamer didn't fail to get a silent giggle out of the spy. Starscream soon landed on the desert rock yelling at Soundwave, this made Knockout halt in his tracks as well. 

Soundwave took their time to land on the ground next to the other Decepticons.

"Soundwave! That was idiotic! We could've crashed into each other and ended up scrapped!" Starscream was still screaming, albeit with some reasoning behind it, "What in the name of Primus did those Autobots do to your processor?!"

Soundwave held back a laugh, "Soundwave is unsure."

Starscream gawked at the bot's response pointing an accusatory finger at them, "Since when were you not talking full-time?"

"Soundwave: speaking is not a new development." They managed to say this falter than they ever thought possible.

Knockout soon butted into the conversation with the anxiousness of a human teenager, "Soundwave, you don't know how relieved we are to see you!"

Starscream and Soundwave both raised silent questions at that.

Knockout continued, explaining their current situation, "The Nemesis is in a terrible condition! 'Cons are fighting each other in the halls, Megatron is doing everything he can not to help, we were tasked with hunting you down--"

"Soundwave: Not returning. Exceptions: do not exist." Soundwave interrupted the red medic's stressed ramblings before he could finish.

"We thought much." Knockout nodded to their words, "But that's not what we're here for. We're done with the Decepticons."

"Knockout and Starscream: Defecting?" Soundwave queried the bots, who both nodded in turn to the question. They continued their questioning, "Do Knockout and Starscream have a plan?"

Knockout paused his attempt to answer looking to Starscream who shrugged as his answer.

Soundwave aided the awkward silence with an unimpressed emoji presenting itself on their visor.

"Shockwave was the one who made the original plan," Knckout attempted to relieve the tense air with his words, "He's... Well, stuck on the ship."

Soundwave audibly sighed at this turning away from the other two for a moment to think. The two bots subjected to the spy's disappointment, stood awkwardly one kicking at the dirt below with a scowl and the other basking in his poorly worded sentences.