Chapter 1

> sɪx sᴋᴇʟᴇᴛᴏɴs

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦."

You remembered the day like it was yesterday. You woke up one morning and turned on the television. The whole network was instantly drawn to the story of strange beings setting foot outside Mt. Ebbot in 201X. The news ate up every last bit they could mesh together and documented it like it was a holiday. Monsters ranging from fuzzy monsters to literal sentient elements beings, it was what everyone was talking about. Society was divided into either accepting or banishing these creatures, that was the harsh reality where prejudice still made itself present.

Despite these faults, however, a human was given the role of the monster's Ambassador. A young child who somehow freed the monsters from the underground who were trapped there long ago. You believed their name was Frisk.

Adored by the creatures below, they spoke out about the monster's hopes and dreams to look forward to a better and peaceful future. Heck, you'd even say that this kid was doing what current politicians can't. Not even a mere fraction of their power rival the Ambassador's heartfelt actions. By then the world accepted these friendly faces in today's community.

Some would live in the new monster and human suburb, like you did, or would live out in the countryside. Wherever you were, you'd expect to see a few friendly neighbours just around the corner. You, yourself, were excited about this change of events. Plus it would be good business for the store if any decided to live in your town.

But you guessed anything could be possible at this point.

Including Jessabell's new monster girlfriend.

"Oh and then- and then! Me and Blanca went to see the jellyfish and she was super impressed! She couldn't stop staring at them!" You mindlessly listened to her rambling. Not that you were tuning her out to be rude, but more so that you were desperately trying to keep your balance on the ladder as you restocked the remaining item.

But you would mutter a small input here and there.

The brunette dreamily sighed, hands on her cheek in a loving expression. She's become more animated she's become the moment the two started dating, not that you were complaining. You were proud of her for opening up to someone.

Like a love-sick puppy, she would proclaim that it was the "power of love" in every action she'd do. Not to mention the literal hearts in her eyes would appear whenever she talked about her. It was adorable in some weird yet amusing way.

"Well if she breaks your heart let me know 'cause I'll-" In return, she groaned. Whatever blissful daydream she had melted away.

The woman crossed her arms. "Yes, yes I know. But don't go and murder her or anything!" You let out a chuckle, setting aside the now-empty box.

"I'm just looking out for you Jess." Rolling her eyes, she playfully punched your shoulder. Muttering out a dull "whatever" as she went back behind the counter. You went back to the shelves, shuffling the goods and checking the packaging for any damages and whatnot. A slow yet expected uneventful day in the corner store.

Normally with was either you or Jessabell running the store but evidently, the boss needed both of your help to unload the new monster foods he ordered. And when he said help, more like you doing the heavy lifting while the prized daughter talked your ear off.