Chapter 3

> ᴛᴡᴏ sᴘɪᴅᴇʀ ғʀᴀᴘᴘᴜᴄᴄɪɴᴏs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ

"𝘔𝘢𝘯, 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨."

The off white ceiling stared back at your stoic, still, and slightly irritated face. You laid starfish style in your double-sized mattress. Blankets and pillows were shifted around like a tornado hit your small bedroom. Some of the said items fit the ground with a soft thud. You weren't bothered to pick it up as it was miles and miles away from reach. Too tired to stand up, but too tired to laze around, you were held in this unusual conundrum.

Normally you'd be at the corner store working like a busy bee since it was Saturday but your boss decided to let you rest for some unknown reasons. You wondered who possessed him when he called you this morning, he usually expects you to live at his store at this point. However, you weren't complaining since you didn't have to see a certain matted blonde walk into the store for her weekly shenanigans.

But the downside of being an adult in your mid twenty's with no social life, extravagant plans or a butt load of money was that you had to spend your whole day at home. You were familiar with the term workaholic, many people saw the similarities in that word when describing you. But Jessabell likes to describe you as a meth head who needed their daily dose of hard-earned labour in the morning with a cup of coffee. She wasn't wrong since you're "withdrawals" are acting up again while you indulge yourself in this numbing boredom.

The apartment complex, which you found was quite simple, was what any middle-class citizen could afford. One bathroom, one bedroom, a balcony, and a small kitchen. You decorated as homey as you could with whatever left you had the moment you moved out. Sure you didn't have a large pool or spacious living room, but it was home. And you had nothing against that. Only the fact it was super boring.

Your head slowly shifted to the side. The blank canvas and easel stood by the window. Outside the sun was at its peak, blue skies and bright sunshine lit your dark and claustrophobic room. You could hear a family of birds chirp softly in the background.

You have a bit of an artist's block, as they say. Your art supplies were tucked away by your desk with your PC, untouched and gathering dust the past month. You didn't have any commissions, which was good so you could focus on work, but it was a downer since you needed something to preoccupy the urge to do something. The itch in your brain begged for some productivity, everything but cleaning your messy room. Ironic.

You felt your phone buzz in your sweatpants pocket. You slung your arm to your device, fishing it out. Your eyes squint at the notification.

Papyrus ‼️

HELLO (Y/N) ! I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL!

You and the monster have been on good terms, from what you could tell. He would occasionally check in as you did the same. Papyrus was just being polite, maybe you were a bit too polite in return whenever he tried to further the conversation. He would, of course, respect your privacy, but maybe it was the burning fact in the back of your head that you weren't as cool enough as him.

You're terrified he'd think you were some loser with no sense of direction in life and couldn't provide any note-worthy attributes to his life. Regardless, it was nice to have these briefings once in a while. Hopefully, he wasn't forced to have these obligations.

Another message popped in. You smile, unlocking your phone to type a response.

Papyrus ‼️