Chapter 7

> ᴏɴᴇ ɢʀᴀᴘᴇ sᴏᴅᴀ

"𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘌 𝘏𝘖𝘔𝘌 𝘉𝘙𝘖𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙!"

A skeleton walks into a mansion. There was something clearly wrong with him, but only he and the other skeleton could tell.

Why?

Because he could see right through him.

Sans chuckled to himself at the lame joke floating around his skull. He fished out his comfort drink, a red plastic bottle of succulent ketchup as he pressed the nozzle to his teeth.

His brother was doing his usual routine in the kitchen. The clanking of pots and pans ruptured and bounced against the walls as the taller monster shuffled through the pantries and cupboards. Sans dragged himself through the doorway, leaning his shoulder against the frame to observe the scene before him.

"'sup bro?" He pulled at his teeth to Papyrus, and a lazy grin shot back at him.

White eyelights travelled from his brother's back to the stove. Surprisingly the fire wasn't a scorching billion degrees that he could feel the intense heat from across the room. Papyrus would occasionally glance back and forth from whatever was cooking, possibly another batch of spaghetti, to the notepad on the kitchen counter. His sockets narrowed, taking in each scribble like it was gospel. A few "NYEHs" sprinkled in with some chin scratching and low hums of concentration filled the empty air.

Although Papyrus was deemed a culinary master, as well as the other proclaimed chefs in this household, Sans couldn't help but raise a browbone at his younger sibling. It was just past two thirty in the afternoon. Too late to start lunch and too early to prepare dinner. What was he up to?

The monster clenched his jaw for a moment before turning to face Sans. The bottle condiment was still in hand as he took one final swig of it before pocketing the salty. Papyrus held his trusty notepad in hand, flipping through the pages once more as the water boiled in the pot.

"I'M TRYING A NEW RECIPE!" He proclaimed with a finger in the air. Confidence boasted in his voice but it wavered a few droplets of doubt. "HOWEVER THIS DISH IS REALLY TESTING MY ABILITIES TO THE MAX. IT MUST BE PERFECT AFTER ALL."

Sans could only smile back at his insanely cool brother. Always determined to express his passion for cooking. But what intrigued him was the mention of a newfound dish. He was conflicted about whether or not he should look forward to anticipation or a disaster in the kitchen.

Now he never had the heart to say his brother's cooking was... unique. He's slowly improving here and there, progress was still progress after all. And with the newfound cooking materials on the surface, Papyrus had more tools at the tips of his bony fingertips. He was just able to stomach the Italian dish days ago since it was considered edible. Sans was still indifferent if he could muster up another great dish of his. For now, he just smiled and waved.

"NOW WHERE ARE THE STRAWBERRIES?" Papyrus went through the fridge, for what seemed to be the millionth time. Leaning into the opened refrigerator his eyelights scanned the assortment of ingredients. Sans pushed himself off the frame, joining him like a son holding his father's flashlight to help him fix something.

"whatever you're cooking looks berry difficult." He laughed at his own pun as Papyrus groaned to himself.

"I WOULD SAY SOMETHING BACK BUT NOW IS NOT THE TIME! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT SANS." The said skeleton only shrugged back. Papyrus shut the fridge door shut, sighing to himself as he tapped his foot on the ground impatiently.