rewsnA

> ᴏɴᴇ sᴏᴜʟ

ʙᴇ ᴄᴀʀᴇғᴜʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ! ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇs sᴏᴍᴇ ɢᴏʀᴇ ɪᴍᴀɢᴇʀʏ!

"𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥."

Before you know it, your face is buried deep in his chest. It was quick but gentle. He took his time hugging you, ensuring you were secure in his grasp as if you'd disappear in an instant. His large hands formed small circles on your back. You made sure to hug him back ten times tighter. Sending a mental message as you cried into his chest, not caring if you stained his shirt.

He rubbed your back in soothing circles. The last breath from your lips died out like a flame as the two of you remained frozen in time. This long hug was a cry for help and a painful goodbye.

"I'm sorry. I should have done something so you and Mom could stay together." You can feel his nerves sike up at your words. "Was it something I did or said? Did I force you two to be happy for my sake?" He remains silent as you ramble into his shirt.

Sitting there with you in his embrace as you go in circles.

Then he replies, not skipping a beat.

"What kind of question is that, angel?" He chuckled before pulling away. You left your cheeks light up in embarrassment. Your nose sniffles, stuffy as your eyes still stung a beat red.

"Here. Let me do a trick so you won't ever doubt yourself again." You tilt your head, but his smile never falters as his hand goes straight to your forehead. His index finger ran zig zags, his lips pursed to mimic the sounds of a scalpel cutting through your skin. As carefully and steadily as he could he gripped a fistful of your "brain" throwing it behind him to replace it with a new one. Sealing the incision to complete his work.

"There. All the bad thoughts are gone." You giggled uncontrollably. "Feel better?" You nod your head as he grins. He takes your wrist into his hand, flipping to your palm to slide in a small sheet of paper. You looked at him puzzled for a moment, but his index finger sat on his lips.

"It's my new number, don't tell your mother okay? Call me if you get lost. Or if you wanna chat."

"Promise you'll answer?" You whispered.

He chuckles, ruffling your hair.

"I promise."

Your heart pounded though as you wiped your shoulder to wipe away the last remaining tears. But you're smiling back at him with hope.

A genuine grin. No secrets in sight. Just a crystal clear image of him, reflecting off you.

The man who loved you. Who cared for you, looked out and guided you through your childhood.

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too, angel."

You pressed your phone closer to your cheek, muttering incoherent sentences as the distant rings buzzed through the small speaker.

You let out a frustrated sigh, the sun was already down and you'd been pacing back and forth around the house for hours dialling the same number. So much so that you ended up sitting in the corner of the room, impatiently tapping your fingers and bouncing your legs with a fast tempo.