Chapter 11

> ᴀ ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇ ᴏғ ʙʀᴜɪsᴇs

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮."

You can easily move large boxes and pivot from one corner to another. Your boss always gave you heavy-duty jobs as you haul out and sort inventory in a flash. Sometimes you find yourself holding up to three boxes, stacked on each other. Your arms shakily balance kilograms of goods as you manoeuvre through the tight doorway for the whole day. With each heavy step, your arms would ache, your feet pulsing against the floor. A few beads of sweat would roll down your forehead at the end of each loadout. Completely normal, but you'd get the job done.

There were some things like flexibility and your slowly declining lung compacity, thanks to all the cigarettes, that held you back. Nonetheless, you were fit for your age, just above average to pass a fitness test.

Unfortunately, that didn't impress the strict skeleton scolding you.

"IF THIS IS YOUR BEST THEN YOU ARE UTTERLY USELESS."

When you think of "training" normally you'd expect a workout session of some sort. Dumbbells, running exercises and whatnot. If you had to guess. Perhaps Edge was those sort of gym frat boys who pumped irons into their biceps the moment they woke up. From his physic alone he did appear to be extremely muscular fit, that is if you'd stop staring at him with drool leaking out your mouth whenever he was in your presence.

Earlier, you had to mentally prepare yourself in the mirror. With the lack of sleep along with your body functioning on two cups of coffee the consequences of your actions should hit you this early on. Yet here you are, just past six in the morning as your body undergoes the intense training of a lifetime. You had only yourself to blame for staying an extra hour awake as you caught up on your phone after work before you slept.

It was one thing anxiously waiting for Edge in front of the skeleton mansion at the crack of Dawn. And it was another when he led you to a secluded area. Already the fact that he could reveal himself as the knife-wielding maniac was a possibility, as ridiculous as that sounds. Or maybe that was sleep-deprived you talking.

Nonetheless, this is you being you, wrapped into more skeleton shenanigans yet again. On your hands and knees in a plank position. Your arms pushed themselves off the ground for what seemed to be the twentieth time. Your head hesitantly looked up to see Edge towering over you. His arms crossed with an unimpressed scowl on his fangs. The longer you started the more your chest tightened from the lack of oxygen.