Chapter 6

> ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘɪʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ

"𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐'𝘮 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨."

Wednesday has finally arrived sooner rather than later. According to your calendar, that was the fateful day when you and your monster friend, Papyrus, planned to hang out. Anxious was an understatement to describe how you felt in the days leading up to today. It was like a pit of boulders weighing you down, the ache burning your liver and stomach into ash.

Now, it's not like you didn't want to see Papyrus in any shape or form, oh no! In fact, you have been looking forward to seeing him all week. It was the possibility of embarrassing yourself in front of someone so extroverted and well-put together in social settings that terrified you.

All day you've been doing nothing but cleaning every last speck of dust in every nook and cranny. Washing your laundry, cleaning out the dishes, vacuuming the floors. Heck, you even debated if you should repaint the walls since it displayed a slightly darker shade of white than normal. Yeah, you can totally renovate your entire house in like thirty seconds without breaking a sweat. Totally no sarcasm behind your honest words, none at all.

Although overly agonized it was the trick of the light, and you were going insane.

As much as you cleansed your apartment complex to its limits, the terrifying dread of a single overlooked chore lingered in the back of your head. But the longer you dwelled upon your home's tidiness, the more screws would loosen up around your head. On the brink of crashing right there and then while simultaneously ruining Papyrus' day. Now you were having second thoughts about flaking at him last minute.

You sneezed into your sleeve, taking a couple of tissues to wipe your nose. "Oh no..." You mumbled out. Of all the days, it had to be today. Well, it was technically your fault for not bringing your umbrella yesterday so the rain greedily made its way to your weak immune system. But still! Can't the germs wait an extra day? If only the nutrients from the sweets and instant cup ramen you've sustained yourself since moving out could save you now.

Stretch, as gentlemanly as he could, walked you home that night. You weren't as drenched as you recalled, but being in damp chilly clothes was not ideal. Especially when you cringed every time your shoe met a puddle a few centimetres deep. That day failed at being unpleasant, as you did enjoy the quietness of Stretch. He even gave you his number, just so you could gossip about the secret admirer together. His words, not yours. It was alarming to hear he was invested in such a trivial thing. Like a high school girl coming home to spill drama.

That was when you learned skeletons can teleport, well Stretch can you weren't sure about the rest of his relatives. Blipping out of existence faster than a blink of an eye. Can all monsters do that? That was pretty closed-minded of you but rest assured it was pretty cool. Oddly suspicious that if there was the possibility of him doing it multiple times, why not use it? Especially when it was raining?

Strange.

But here you were, suffering the consequences of your own actions.

Pulling whatever strength you had left, you made a beeline for the kitchen cabinets. Rummaging around to find your cluster of medicine bottles and tablets all in one basket. It wasn't the efficient way to store such valuable, and probably hazardous, essentials but you would worry about that later. Papyrus could walk in any moment now. Your fingers fiddled with the Panadol package, popping in two pills to ease the growing migraine. Dry swallowing like the absolute champ you were.