chapter 39

Doctor ikram P.O.V

Innalillahi wa'ina illahi raji'un ya Allah. Just going through the tests results I was shocked and surprised at the same time I don't even know what to say to zakiya she will be heart broken I thought it was nothing serious but it's even worst than she was thinking, we'll as her doctor there's nothing I can do other than to just break the news to her hopefully she will take it lightly and just let Allah handle rest for us because illness does not mean that its the end of the world one can only live this dunya when its time for them to go and there's nothing anyone can do about it life happens we go through so much in life that sometimes we ask God why but he knows best and nobody knows better than he does everything its just a matter of time and patience we can't change a situation we can only pray about it.

Zakiya P.O.V
I feel scared of the outcome of my reports I wanted to share everything with saleem but I don't wish to put him into any kind of pressure he has already lost his mom I don't know how he will react by this and am not sure yet I just read the symptoms.

Flashback

After the 40days of giving birth to hammad I was so happy that I will be going back to my habibi I missed him so much it felt like years without us together they've fix the date already but habibi will be traveling in two days so I told hajiya to please postpone it till when his back I can't stay there all alone and she agreed so they pushed it back to next week Saturday which was OK for me I had the time to visit my dear amarya cousin who got married recently we chitchat for sometime and I was happy for her finally she's now together with her own LOML 🤣😂😂 as they called it sha. a week passed by just so fast I returned back to my home that Saturday night that habibi came back we were both happy and smiling that we're now 3 instead of 2 of us after reaching home we prayed nafil prayer and made dua for our son after feeding hammad and dressing him up for bed we spend sometime together with habibi gisting and laughing well until I fall asleep without even knowing how or when he looked after hammad the whole night It was around 4am that I woke up when I heard hammad crying I changed his diaper feed him and he went back to sleep. I prayed nafil prayer and also slept hoping that I would wake up early to prepare breakfast but guess what as always and as the special man he was he woke up before me, he went to the masjid to pray while I did my fajr in my room I was so feeling sleepy that I didn't even know I went back to sleep on my praying mat. He came back but didn't wake me up instead he made breakfast for us while I was asleep.

Umar P.O.V

It's been 3years since we got married I have been busy with work lately but unfortunately with all the hard work I ended losing a huge contract of building a mall I did everything I could but they was no way of getting it back I met the man who owns the mall I talk to him but he said no after some few weeks I got a call from an unknown number saying that she wants to meet me with at first I said no but when she mentioned Alhaji mai akwai concerning the mall I agreed to meet with her not knowing that she has her own agenda at first I find the lady to be calm and responsible but after we discussed everything she mentioned that if I want to take over the project then I will have to marry her I was shocked and surprised at first I thought she was joking but she was not instead it seems like a condition related to the contract I didn't know what to do I wanted to speak to balkisu but she will overreact. So instead I prayed about it and made up my mind that I will forget about ever knowing her and move on with my life who knows maybe I will another project that will be much more better than the one I have lost. But it wasn't going in that direction she was determined and adamant to make sure that I agree with her proposal if not she will ruin my career and my life but am not scared of her because I believe whatever Allah has planned for me will surely end up happening I can't run away from it all I can do is pray about it  and on the other hand I can ask for mama or baba advice in shaa Allah either way one of the two can surely work out for me.

NABILA P.O.V

It's been 3weeks after our wedding and Alhamdulillah I could never ask for more than Abdul his indeed the perfect man for me I feel so blessed and happy today I Decided to go home and greet my parents so we started with his parents his mum she's caring and loving I adore her so much the first time she saw me she said am her daughter not daughter in-law because Abdullah is the only son she has and she promised to treat me like her own daughter and she made me promise her that if anything ever happens between she should be the first know not my parents and that I should feel comfortable around her and treat her like I would treat my own mother what more could I wish for but one thing I didn't know is that he has so many cousins and relatives masha Allah they're like extended family. But umma said I should be careful with who I relate with not all of them are happy about me being Abdul's wife because some of them wanted there daughter to marry him but she was against it. So with that in mind all I do when we meet is to just smile and greet them and mind my business.

Alhaji shamsu P.O.V

i woke up this morning not feeling myself i took my heart medicine but i was still feeling the same i tried calling yusuf but his number was not going through i rang the bell to my room to summon one of the maids but nobody was responding with the little strengthen I had I tried calling saleem and he picked up. Saleem I know you have made things very clean to me right from the start but please listen to me I don't know this could be the last time I would ever talk to you I just want to ask for your forgiveness one last time please find a place in your heart to forgive me I have wronged you so much please forgive me and take care of what I have left behind I know I have yusuf for that but you know how life can be sometimes I will send you the number to my lawyer please saleem in case anything bad happens to me or I ended up dying please just talk to him and forgive me also. May Allah bless you as you do and promise me you will call my lawyer it's for your own benefit I promised you that please. 5mins after my call with saleem I started feeling suffocated and before I could utter another word I fell down and hit my head on the floor.