part 5

Zakiya P.O.V

Alhamdulillah that night changed almost everything in my whole life I couldn't say no to his proposal seeing I also feel the way about him and the way he expressed his feelings it was hard to say after our dinner we went back to our department said our goodbye and he left together with Khalifa and nadiya seeing they've early morning flight to catch on with while me and baby sadi decided to spend our time gisting about my date with her brother well he deserve the best and am willing to give him the best by loving and caring for him the way I should have done since in the first place but I couldn't because I was shy and we weren't dating then but now Alhamdulillah our relationship has taken a turned and I just hope and pray that our parents won't have any problem with our decision that was my thought all along but after saleem had a discussion of our marriage to his folks his mum wasn't happy i kept thinking why she wasn't happy I couldn't find a single reason why but saleem promise he would convince her until the she agreed and gave us her blessing at first he wanted to just go ahead and do it but I couldn't let that happened to I convince not to take that decision and made sure she's convinced before we even get engaged and he agreed which I was happy about.

Alhaji mansur P.O.V

After so many years I have always wanted saleem to settle down but he wasn't ready and as a responsible father I didn't want put so much pressure on him so instead I let him be but I try as much as I can to talk to him every now and then and Alhamdulillah when he met zakiya he became interested and I was happy with the proposal she's responsible and from a very respectful family she has become like a daughter to me so as a father I approve and made a call to my brother his uncle to set a date so we can make it official it will be more respectful that way but Things took a turn we didn't understand or didn't have a clue it was going to be that way my wife hafsa was hell bent on making sure it doesn't happen I didn't want way until after we sat down and had a good husband and wife talk that the girl doesn't fit her standard all those talk that doesn't even make sense when I decide to make sure it happens wether she agreed or not she threatened to tell saleem about who he was to me which am not yet to talk about with him yet I know he deserves to know but he has always seen himself like my own son and I can't shattered him with that news it will break him apart so I didn't take it forward since that day but I told him to convince her to allow the relationship work that her blessing its really important seeing she's his mother and without any argument he agreed and started talking her through and I asked him to keep praying for the best.

Yaya saleem P.O.V

I didn't understand why umma was hell bent on making my life a living hell because when I talk to her at first she didn't want to listen I didn't give up instead I kept trying every now and then I made sure I spare a day just for me and her to talk things through but she was still stubborn that zakiya isn't the kind of wife I need that her standard it's very low for our family i was shocked and surprised at first but I didn't want to spoil my chances with her so I kept trying at long last she said I shouldn't ever approach her with zakiya's talk well since then I accept my faith and kept praying for the best maybe it's not yet our time to be together maybe she's not meant to be my wife so instead I called zakiya and explained everything to her she was broken but there's nothing I could do even though I promise her that I was going to keep trying till my last breath I can't just give up and told her to keep praying for us and Alhamdulillah I was happy she understand my situation and promise to support me till the end she promised she won't ever leave me for someone else and I felt so proud of her for that promise made it made me love her even more than I should.

Yaya umar P.O.V

I hate seeing my only sister worried and depressed just because of a man I know she loved him so much and I couldn't even help her even if I wanted to I did try my best at first by introducing her to my friend but she showed no interest in him so instead I ignored her she tried talking to me so many times but I was so upset with her she doesn't want to listen to me am her brother I care for her and I expect her to understand how I would feel with all these things happening so I kept everything aside and decided to meet her today so I called her to come meet me at home we sat together with her and my wife and I asked her about how she's feeling with the whole situation but as the best she is at pretending she said she's fine and there's nothing to worry about she just want to focus on her NYSC for now maybe if she's destined to marry saleem everything will be fine one day in shaa Allah if not Allah will surely bless her with someone else and I feel so proud of her for being strong and determined and being so hopeful that sooner or later Allah will surely accept her dua and see her through what is going on with her now