FOUR

I don't know why I insisted on bringing this babbling blonde back to my house

I don't know why I insisted on bringing this babbling blonde back to my house. I was so frustrated at the end of the night that I decided to stop by and grab a drink at one of Alessandro's bars.

The girl was decent looking, but she didn't have Lina's big green eyes that were so bright and full of curiosity.

Her hair wasn't silky and shiny, the bleached blonde making it look fried. I let out an angry sigh, trying to shake my thoughts of the petite brunette.

Tossing the blonde on the guest bed, she lets out a small shriek. I cringe at the sound, undoing the buttons of my shirt.

Britney, I think, gets to work undoing the straps of her top. She lays bare, waiting for me.

Normally, I would be more than satisfied to take the woman in front of me, show her an unforgettable night, and then never call her again.

But tonight, she wasn't amusing. No arousal stirred in me as I glanced down at the girl with disinterest.

Clearing my throat, I place the woman's dress on the bed. "I'm sorry, my maid will show you out and call you a cab."

The girl's face flashes with confusion, a look of hurt settling over her features. She quickly covers herself up while I walk out of the room.

I tap at Maria's door, not saying a word. She understood what I needed her to do. Walking up the stairs, my legs take me past my door and lead me straight to Lina's.

I stand at the doorway, debating whether to step into the room. I could hear her shuffling around, getting ready for bed. I raise my hand to knock but stop myself.

What was I doing? She was a witness. Alessandro may even kill her. Backtracking, I step into my room and close the door behind me. I seriously needed to get my shit together.

Weeks passed, filled with maintaining this beautiful home

Weeks passed, filled with maintaining this beautiful home. I was starting to get into a routine, trying to enjoy my days. Elio seemed to have disappeared without so much as a glimpse of him. Maria let me have access to the TV so there was that at least.

It was close to 3 AM as my show glowed in the darkness of the living room. I was currently re-watching Gossip Girl, adding my commentary as if I had never seen this before.

The door opens, causing me to jump up in fright. Elio's large frame walked in, making me sit upright and remove my bare legs from the couch. He hadn't been home in weeks and I wasn't expecting him to stroll in at 3 AM.

He prowls towards me, causing me to suck in a breath. I cross my arms over my chest, covering my breasts. His eyes watch the movement, darkening with desire.

He clears his throat, stopping a few feet away. "I'm so sorry-," He holds his hand up, causing me to snap my mouth shut. "Don't worry about it." He says roughly. Standing, I walk straight towards the stairs.

"You don't have to leave." I hear him call behind me, making me stop in my tracks. My heart beat wildly in my chest as I turn to face him. "I don't want to be a bother," I say softly, glancing down at my feet.

I hear him walk towards me, his footsteps heavy. I suck in a sharp breath, feeling nervous. He stops just short of me. I glance up at him, feeling curious. He could be so mean and cold but then other times he seems gentle and kind.

His eyes study me, pooling with desire. "Are you going to kill me?" I breathe out, a hint of fear tracing my voice. His jaw clenches upon hearing my words.

"I'd rather fuck you. But that's not up to me." He replies. As he brings his hand towards my face, I flinch back out of pure reaction.

I see the fire in his eyes as he watches my response. The moment felt too heated, too intense. I bolted up the stairs and close the door behind me. He wants to fuck me?

I don't hear his footsteps, just the echo of the front door slamming shut. I wonder what was going through his mind. I had to find a way out of here.

The next morning, things continued as usual. Maria and I scrubbed away and made dinner. At the end of the night, two envelopes sat on the table. One had my name written neatly across, the other for Maria.

Picking it up, my brows furrow. What is this? Pulling out the paper inside, my jaw drops. A check for $5,000 was written out to me. My hands shake as I tuck the paper away and leave it on the table.

I couldn't accept that. It was an absurd amount of money and I'm sure it was a mistake. Walking up to my room, I take a long shower and settle into bed. Maria had let me borrow a few of her romance novels, so I crack one open.

For hours, I immerse myself in the story. A knock at my door snaps me out of my trance. I sat in just a tank top and my underwear. Assuming it was Maria, I yell out, "Come in!" The door swings open, revealing Elio.

"Good evening, Ms.Gonzalez." A slow smirk spreads across his handsome features as his gaze takes in my state. Throwing the blanket over my legs, I let out a huff.

"What do you need." Contempt lacing my voice. He mocks a face of hurt, clutching at his chest. "Are you cross with me?" He asks, sarcastically.

I don't respond as I return my attention to my book. Before I could even blink, Elio swiftly pulls the book from my grip. A blush rushes to my cheeks, the cover was very suggestive.

He studies the book intently, reading the synopsis. His grey eyes glance back up at me, darkening a few shades. "You know, I could-", He's cut off by the sound of his phone ringing.

He doesn't break eye contact with me as he takes the call. Suddenly his body grew taut, his features twisting with anger.

His words are in Italian and sound beautiful, even if he is mad. Turning his back, he stalks out of the room leaving me in shock. What was going to say? Why did I want to know what he was going to say?

I let out a groan as I toss my body into the mattress. I need to stop letting him tempt me. My body grows hot recalling his conversation.

I wonder what he sounds like when he's being pleasured. Shaking the thought out of my head, I shove myself further into the pillows, determined not to let him get to me.

Just as I'm about to fall asleep, the white envelope was slipped underneath my door and sat there till morning.