TEN

"You are a monster, Elio

"You are a monster, Elio. I could never love someone like you." Her words felt worse than bullets, digging deep into my skin.

She thought I was a monster? I mean, she did meet me in an alleyway after I killed a man.

He was a rapist, an evil man. I had been itching to pull the trigger on him for a while, we just had to wait until he made an offense against us.

That kiss was something I had never felt before. She was soft and fit against me perfectly, like my missing puzzle piece.

But she could never love someone like me. I grow more and more frustrated the closer I get to my house. Fuck this.

It had been two long months of no sex. If she didn't want me, I'd find a woman who did. Taking a sharp turn, I head back into town and stop by the nearest bar.

It was packed, young people clumped together everywhere. "Whiskey. And leave the bottle." I say, flagging down the bartender. With a nod of his head, he sets down a glass and bottle.

I down the alcohol, feeling it burn down my throat. How can she not want me? Every woman I meet falls at my feet. She shoved me away, she told me I was a monster.

I down glass after glass, my thoughts filled with her. A curvy brunette slides up next to me, "You need some company?" She purrs out, placing a manicured hand on my shoulder.

I turn to her with a smirk, ready to run my best game. Meeting her eyes stopped me in my place. She didn't have Lina's fiery personality or her soft delicate features.

It made my stomach churn. Fuck! Why can't I let this shit go?

With a shake of my head, I throw a few bills down on the counter and walk out of the bar. I was way too drunk to drive so I pull out my phone and dial out my little brother's number. He answers on the first ring, "Where are you, Elio?"

Mumbling out the bar name, I sit on the sidewalk with my head in my hands. In the last few months, my life has slipped away from me. If I let Lina go, there's a chance she'll go to the cops. But if I keep her... She'll only hate me more.

 She'll only hate me more