EIGHTEEN

Over the next week, I took Lina out and treated her the way I should've always treated her

Over the next week, I took Lina out and treated her the way I should've always treated her. She had officially become my best friend. Someone I couldn't live without.

Tonight, I had a plan. I was going to ask Lina to be mine. Giana had taken her out, leaving me to prepare everything.

After a few hours of walking around the small flower shop, I had finally gathered every bouquet of roses. I was going to decorate our balcony and have a beautiful candle-lit dinner waiting for her.

She said her favorite spot in this house had to be watching the waves. As I stand there in my slacks and dress shirt, nerves eat away at me.

What if she says no? She was only 20, I was 24. With a four-year gap between us, I was feeling uncertain.

My mind thinks back to the night we made love. I had meant it when I said it was the best sex of my life.

For such a shy woman she most certainly wasn't a shy lover. Lina's small giggles fill the room, causing me to snap my attention to the door.

"Bye, Giana!" She says, her hands full of shopping bags. It made me smile. When she spots me, her eyes light up. "Hi, Elio."

She begins gushing about her shopping trip, not even noticing the decorated terrace behind me. Pulling her close, I plant a lingering kiss on her lips.

As we part, she finally spots the candles and rose petals. She lets out a gasp, "Elio... Did you do this for me?" She asks, sweetly.

I give her a nervous nod, gauging her reaction. "I love it. It's so beautiful." Her eyes pool with tears as she steps out and admires my work.

My heart swells when she turns to me and grips me in a bone-crushing hug. "You're so sweet." Her cheeks burn red, "Only for you, bambola."

I meant every word, this was only for her. "Dinner will be up shortly." Her eyes widen, "I need to get ready! Out you go." She shoos me out of the room.

"But-," She doesn't let me finish my protests as she slams the door and locks it behind her. I chuckle.

Who knew it'd be her locking me out instead of me locking her in? She truly was amazing, I couldn't wait to make her mine forever.

I rush around the room, pulling out a silky, champagne-colored dress. It hit my curves elegantly, elongating my slender frame. Grabbing out a clip, I take half my hair and sweep it out of my face.

After swiping on some mascara, I was finally ready. When I open the door, I don't expect Elio to be leaning against the wall mindlessly scrolling through his phone.

His eyes snap to attention as he hears the door click open, raking lustfully over my figure. I blush, "I'm ready." He gives me his ever-so-dazzling smile.

"You certainly are. You look gorgeous." His large hands devour my waist as he pulls me against him and drops a sweet kiss on my lips. I pull back with a smile and make our way into the privacy of our room.

Elio pops open a bottle of wine, pouring us each a glass. "Saltui." He holds his glass to mine as we clink them together.

The wine was delicious and expensive. It was my first time having such a smooth red wine, it was heaven.

The housemaids had brought over two plates filled with an elegant steak dinner. "This is the best steak I have ever had in my life." I groan out, stuffing my face.

Elio lets out a chuckle, admiring me. At the end of our meal, we sit side by side gazing at the waves.

"Want to go sit on the beach?" I turn to him with excitement, "Let's do it!" I stand quickly, slipping on my sandals and grabbing one of the small throw blankets. Elio takes my hand and leads me down the stairs and out of the house.

Stepping down the path, we finally settled for a spot near the middle. The ocean was beautiful, making me let out a blissful sigh.

Elio gently takes the blanket from my hands and spreads it out. Grabbing my hand, he pulls me down with him and places me in between his legs.

I cuddle myself close to his warm chest, leaning back against him. "I love you, Elio." I sigh, glancing up at him with a love-struck look.

He sucks in a breath, "I love you too, Lina." He gives me a gentle kiss, making my heart swoon.

I hear him clear his throat, "Lina... I have something I want to talk to you about." I pull myself up, focusing on him.

He stutters over his words, "I... Uh...," He cleared his throat again, making me scrunch my features with confusion. Elio always knew what to say.

"Are you OK? Is something wrong?" My eyes widened with panic, unsure of what he was about to say. "No! I mean, uh. Damn it." He mutters under his breath.

"I just, want you to be mine." I arch my brow, "Shit. That came out wrong. I want us to be each other. Damn it Lina, will you be my girlfriend?" I let out a small giggle, he was tripping over his words for this?

"Why are you laughing?" He turns his lips into a frown, observing me. "That was the cutest thing ever. All that stuttering for that?"

He lets out a sigh, "I don't exactly ask women to be my girlfriend every day, you know." He grumbles out.

"Well, in that case, I would love to be your girlfriend Elio." He gives me a beaming smile, crushing me back against him.

His lips leave a bruising kiss on my lips. "One day, you'll be my wife. Not my girlfriend." My heart squeezes at his words. His wife.