Chapter 2

He was so close to having it all and he almost lost it. He couldn't afford to, not when he was the closest he'd been in millennia. The closest he'd been to finding her, the angel that would solve all of his problems.

Andras didn't like to waste time, he never did. He was impatient and selfish and he was also obsessed with her. So he felt no remorse as he removed his old friend from her current lover's bed and stole her away. Coveying her over to his penthouse in New York. She was the final piece in the puzzle, and after finding out some disturbing news, he decided he was going to retrieve her by force.

Not his preferred method, but it would do. He wasn't particularly known for being patient.

He shoved her off of him and watched as she tried to convey away using her usual shadow method. "Please," he was almost insulted she thought she could run from him. He looked at her, noticed she was crying, and rolled his eyes "Would you stop behaving like a weeping infant, you are over five hundred years old."

"I need to go back," she said, narrowing her eyes at him, just like she did all those centuries ago. She didn't even pause to take a look at her surroundings, she didn't care. It seemed like she was too used to being the strongest person.

She'd changed. A lot. And it suited her.

"I can't say that I care, darling" he replied, walking over to his bar and pouring himself a drink. He was pissed, stressed, and anxious, which was strange because he usually didn't feel a thing. Maybe being around so many humans was beginning to get to him.

"You're a monster," Her anger was almost funny. The utter gall of this woman. To be mad at him when she almost-- 

"I'm a demon," he corrected her "You, dear Violette, are the monster" he took a sip "Blood-thirsty vampire and all."

Normally, he would have cared she was upset and currently trying to attack him if he wasn't so pissed off. "You tried to break our deal," he tried to calm himself down but it wasn't working as he kneeled to meet her eyes "You wanted to kill yourself" he seethed "You, my love, are no use to me dead, so I took you, sue me." 

He was so close, he would not allow her crisis to affect his planning, he needed to find that woman. He'd known Violette for a very long time and was familiar with her plan of ending her life, he just never thought she'd have the guts to do it. Turns out, she does.

How dare she? Oh, he was mad, fuming, but he kept his face neutral as he kept thinking.

He stood up and walked away turning his back on her, which, of course, gave her the perfect opportunity to attack him. But he knew her too well, so he used his magic to freeze her in place before she could stab him or whatever she would attempt. At least that hadn't changed.

He turned around, surveying her curvy yet slim body and jet-black hair, then her eyes, the eyes that were the key to everything he wanted. "Now, I know you have a death wish," he said as she glared "But why would you do that? You know only an angel can kill high-ranking demons."

"Which is why I don't understand why you want to find her," Violette said as he set her free.

"Why I want what I want is none of your concern, little fox," he said smoothly "You made a deal with me, and darkness help me, I will have what's mine." He would find her, be it the last thing he did.

"But Blaze--" she started again, but he had no time for her complaints.

"You will be back with your little mate eventually," he said, rolling his eyes but she froze on the spot.

"What did you say?" she asked, voice grim.

Andras surveyed her and couldn't contain his laughter as he took another sip of his drink "You didn't know?" He didn't intend to break the news, he thought it was common knowledge. It was strange, he supposed, for a vampire to be mated to a wolf, but it was possible nonetheless.