Chapter 12

Andras stared at his phone, checking it every couple of minutes while the person who kept him company kept blabbing about. And he wasn't normally very patient, but today, waiting on two beings didn't bode well for him.

"Bloody hell, Rudee" he interrupted him "Do you ever shut up?"

Rudee looked him up and down, "You know the answer to that, boss"

Rudee looked different every time he saw him. He was a demon with an identity crisis. Ever since the fall, he started questioning everything, even the very air he breathed. So sometimes he showed up as a woman, sometimes as a man, child, old person, or animal, and surprisingly one time he showed up as a ball of hellfire. 

But today was just plain old Rudee, how he was before the fateful day. "Summarize Marchosias, summarize"

"Do not call me that in public, I'm trying the more human approach" he said casually.

"When are you not trying something?" he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, okay. Someone is in a bad mood," he quipped with a teasing smile. "Do you want me to tell you what I know or should we address your attitude first?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Andras said as he stared at his phone again.

"Fine, let's get to the point then," Rudee smiled "A member of the royal family skedaddled out of hell" he rolled his eyes once more at his choice of words but placed his phone down.

"Who?" 

"Asmo--" fucking hell, this was going to be complicated.

"Why?" he interrupted as he went over his plans and started creating new ones.

"I do not know but Lulu is pissed," he said with a smirk.

"I would love for him to hear you calling him that" Andras replied as he added "And of course, he's pissed, he has a thing for her."

"Ya think?" he laughed "Poor Lily, man" he leaned back on his chair as he continued sipping his coffee.

Andras rolled his eyes - apparently, a common occurrence when Rudee was around -  at the mention of the female, he disliked that woman. Besides, he was a demon, so he didn't pretend he wasn't glad she was most probably suffering. But she should have known better, there is no one her man -- if he could even be called that -- loves more than himself.

"Is that all?" Andras asked.

"Yeah, for now," silence surrounded them for a few seconds but then the son of a bitch had to ruin his peace once more "So what is wro--"

He didn't even let him finish, he conveyed away so fast he forgot to take his coffee with him.

_____

"Wow that was quick," Violette teased, she was sitting on his couch drinking his most expensive whiskey. 

Of course, she was.

"That is the first time I've ever heard that from a woman's lips," he said with a cocky smile and a laugh, knowing it would irk her.

Now it was her turn to roll her eyes but didn't object to it, she could attest to that. "How did your hunt go?" he asked, hoping to hear something that would distract him from looking at his phone.

But then, her demeanor changed completely, her muscles tensed and she looked away from him.

"What?" he walked over to his fridge for some ice but she stood up and was in front of him in milliseconds.

"Don't open the fridge" she warned, her voice thick with concern and guilt.

It wasn't hard for him to guess what happened. He sighed "How many?" he said without judgment, he would never judge her, not for this.