Chapter 10

I practically had to carry Anika home.

She'd gotten so drunk she could barely walk. By the time I got her in bed, it was 3 a.m. Mist was wide awake, as if she couldn't fall asleep if I wasn't with her.

"Liar," I scowled at her as I tucked her in. Remembering how she said I'd be home before I knew it.
I quickly changed and removed my makeup so I could crawl into bed next to her and practically die.

But even though I was so tired,  I could only think of him. 

Andras.

The moment he turned around and left,  I was able to remember who I was and that I wasn't there alone. So I stayed by Anika's side and danced a little after, hoping to bump into him again. But he seemed to disappear into the very shadows he came out of.

I pulled out my phone and typed his name into Google. A million articles came up. Most talk about an attractive playboy billionaire who does nothing but party and sleeps around. There were pictures of him with various celebrities and others that were with the elite of the elite. And I found it so strange. He was different from most of the other billionaire boys I'd met. He wasn't as preppy or spoiled as them.

I had met most of the people he hung out with. I'd seen them at my parents' parties. So I found it so weird. I was just hearing of him for the first time.

I'd have to ask Anika tomorrow if she knew him. According to Wikipedia, he was around our age. If only a few years older. She ought to know who he is. 

I glanced at my passed-out friend and turned off the screen of my phone. 

The wolf.

That surely had to be a coincidence, right? A strange choice of words?

I fell asleep thinking about it, and as always, he slipped into my dreams.

_____

I was awakened by the sound of a hairdryer. I searched for my phone, and just as I suspected it. It was ridiculously early.  Mist jumped up on the bed and her tongue found my face in less than a second.

"Anika!" I called out, I needed more sleep. For some reason, I had never been a morning person.

"What?" she said, coming out of the en suite bathroom.

"Would you please be more considerate with other people's down time?" I begged, and she smiled as she walked over and sat on the bed.

"I would, but I figured you'd want to come with me," she said, and I tried to keep my eyes closed.

"I don't want to go anywhere," I said, and I meant it.

"We have to go pick up Darsh from the airport," I didn't have the heart to tell her there was nothing I wanted to do less.

I liked Darsh, I've always liked him. He was my first male friend, my first boyfriend, and my first everything. I liked him ever since Anika and I were 7, and he was 9. We started dating when I was fifteen and broke up when he went to college. I hadn't seen him since.

I smiled. "Are you sure Darsh wants to see me?" I asked, hoping she would realize this was a mistake and I could go back to sleep.

"Of course!" she said with a smile."He has been asking about you lately."

I was not sure about what that statement made me feel.

"Ok," I sighed as I got up and walked to the bathroom.

____

Anika and I were waiting together outside of the airport. I was sweating, trying my hardest not to let her know I was really nervous about seeing him. I didn't love him anymore, hadn't for a long time.  But he hadn't seen me in a while, not since my sister's funeral, the one he flew back for even though we had broken up years ago.

Darsh is a good friend, he always was. So I had no idea why I was so shaken up about seeing him again. Mist, as if sensing I was nervous, licked my hand, and I started petting her, which always calmed me down.

"Hey idiot, over here!" Anika said, pulling me out of my thoughts and back into the real world as I gazed at Darsh for the first time in years.

He rolled his eyes as he walked over. Still so tall, skin darker than his sister's but with the same olive eyes. He was as handsome as Anika was beautiful. He'd always been.

His eyes landed on me, and a smile appeared on his lips as he said, "You dyed your hair." he reached us and touched the ends. "You look beautiful," he said sincerely, and I smiled, trying my best not to blush.

"Okay, you two, stop already," Anika said, and Darsh threw a glare at his sister. Mist licked Darsh's hand, and he smiled and knelt down to pet her. This was their first time meeting, but it seemed like they already liked each other.

"Nice to see you again, kiddo," he said, standing up and ruffling her long black hair. It was her turn to glare at him.

"You sound like an old man," she muttered as she started walking towards her car.

"So, how have you been?" he asked me, looking at me like he had all those years before.

"I'm okay, actually," I said and was about to ask him back when Anika interjected.

"I'd be more than okay if I had talked to Andras Killian for half the night," she chimed in, I stilled at the name, and so did Darsh. 

"You know him?" he said to me, and I said to Anika at the same time.

"Of course I know him, everybody does," she said with a smile. "He's the definition of hot."

I couldn't disagree. I turned to Darsh, who seemed slightly annoyed as I said, "I met him yesterday, we talked, and he gave me his number. I wouldn't say I know him."

"He gave you his number?" Anika turned around abruptly and smiled. "Have you called him yet?" she demanded.

"I haven't," I said, torn between looking at both of the siblings who were staring at me with completely different faces.

"Good, you shouldn't," Darsh said. "He's a player. He'll use you and discard you. You deserve better, Ella." Anika rolled her eyes.

"I say call him, just to have the experience, see what he's like" she crossed her arms "You just have to manage your expectations and know he isn't in it for the long run."

"Then why would she call him at all?"

"For a good fuck, duh!" Anika said like it was obvious and I couldn't help but blush. 

"Oh please, Ella is not like that!" Darsh replied.

"And what if she was? There is nothing wrong with a one-night stand" Anika was already fuming.

"That is not what I meant" he defended himself "I just don't think Ella would like one."

I was about to agree when she said "Maybe not now, but she used to like them a lot."

"I'm not like that anymore Annie," I said and just as she was about to say something I added "But I promise I'll think about calling him."

Anika seemed satisfied with that but Darsh, on the contrary, didn't look pleased.

On the ride back Anika talked about NYU and Darsh about Yale. Then they started fighting about which was better. And I couldn't keep the smile off my face, I was indeed, back home.