CHAPTER TWO, enchanted

"Even before I was touched, I belonged to you; you only had to look at me."

Louise Glück, The burning heart

GABRIELLA was sitting in the passengers seat of Charles' car

GABRIELLA was sitting in the passengers seat of Charles' car. It was currently midnight, and the night before the AZERBAIJAN Grand Prix. Every night before a race, they would take a drive around the city so Charles could clear his head.

It started the first year Charles had joined formula one, and was nervous for his first ever f1 race. Gabby had suggested that they should go for a drive, and ever since then, it's become a tradition.

The only thing able to be heard was Charles' soft hum to FLATLINE by Justin Bieber.

"So what's been going on with you lately?"

Gabby brought her head up from her lap and fixed her gaze towards him. "Same old, same old." She answered before bringing her gaze back down to her lap.

A deep chuckle was emitted out of his throat. "You and your American slang. I just don't get it."

A soft laugh left her lips before she brought her gaze back to him. "And what about you Mr Leclerc? Any new things going on? New girlfriends?"

His silence made her bite her lip in anticipation. She could see him opening and closing his mouth, trying to formulate a response, in the corner of her eye.

Seconds passed by before he finally responded.

"No."

She released a breath she was holding. "No to what?"

"Both."

Her gaze finally turned to hers and she felt his green eyes piercing into hers. Her breath hitched in her throat as she silently hoped her voice would not come out in a squeak.

"Yeah?" She squeaked out. 'All that hoping and for what'

"Yeah."