CHAPTER FIFTEEN, is it working?

ੈ✩‧₊˚ FOOLISH ONE ੈ✩‧₊
chapter fifteen, is it working?
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ gabriella meets with a friend ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

(song of the chapter is kiss me by sixpence none the richer)

MAY 13, 2023

"i'm so glad you can meet with me today." aiden said. he had been in monte-carlo for the week, and decided to arrange a meet up with gabriella.

"that's no problem, you're great company." she acknowledged. over the time they had been friends, she really enjoyed spending time with him. they had gotten extra close the past few weeks, talking to each other over the phone, and constantly facetiming.

it almost seemed like charles was a distant memory. almost.

she looked up and saw aiden already staring at her. a rose flush covered her cheeks as she looked down. "uh do you want to order now?" she quietly questioned.

his eyes widened and he stuttered out a response. "yeah sure," he said, calling the waiter over. the pair ordered their food and continued talking.

the conversation ranged between various topics. the two talked about work, friends, goals, even relationships. that conversation was awkward.

"so is there anyone special in your life?" he asked innocently. gabriella almost spit out her water. she didn't know which would be worse, explaining her current dilemma, or admitting that she's never been in a relationship.

she eventually replied. "not currently."

his smiled seemed to be brighter with that response. "good." her laughter seemed to carry through the whole building.

"are you trying to sweep me off my feet?" she teased, trying to look seductive. he laughed while shaking his head.

"that depends, is it working?" she shrugged.

the two were eventually told to get out because the cafe was closing, but aiden didn't want to leave her just yet. the day had gone perfect, and the thought of potentially spending more time with her made butterflies form in his stomach.

gabriella stood up and put her coat back on. she grabbed her purse and was about to exit the building, until aiden called her back.

gabriella studied his body language. his hands were deep in his pockets, his lips were pursed, and eyebrows furrowed. he seemed to be in deep thought until he looked up and spoke.

"do you uh, maybe wanna take a drive?" her smile slightly faltered at that question. late night drives were usually something she did with charles. she didn't know if she was completely fond with the idea, but she didn't want to ruin the moment.