en Pointe

Part 2: Follow

1st Movement, en Pointe

on pointe

phrase of pointe

BALLET

on the tips of the toes.

"all the items were danced on pointe"

🤍🖤

He stands at attention, spine straight and toes pointed, and asks, "Ready, [Name]?"

The meaning of this question seems fairly obvious– are you ready to head inside?

But this isn't just any old person asking, this is Terry Brook , your partner-in-crime, your fellow agent, your better half when it comes to taking yet another grandiose shindig under your wing. 

So, when he stands on the side of the street outside the Eckert family home, you know what he's really asking bears more forethought than that.

Are you ready to make another ill-prepared event your bitch? 

You drop your bags on the curve and grin; the fist he holds out to you is poised for a hearty bump between two cool dudes, and you happily oblige.

"Am I ever ?" you grin.

It has been some time since you'd first received a formal invitation to the Eckert-Adam wedding, and things had taken a hectic turn.

Jude and Scott had tried their best to, essentially, DIY the majority of their wedding preparations. They'd fumbled the ball, and things were down to the wire. The wedding was a single week away.

In a clear crisis, they turned to the pros. Thus, you and your friends were bumped up from beloved guest to party saviors–and, honestly, with you and Terry in close proximity, what other summer shenanigans could you have expected?

"Time to bring the party inside, buds," Terry replies, though he's positively beaming at you. Your heart swells; though your small quartet always squeezes in time together whenever possible, it's been so long since you last assembled even ¾ of the group like this.

Without further ado, you scoop up your bags and follow your two besties into your temporary lodgings.

The Uber you'd taken into town drives off ahead of you as you follow your two dearest friends into the Eckert house. Terry animatedly chats you up, and you idly watch Miranda as she strolls ahead. Her oversized sunhat flops in the wind, and reminds you of your big sister, Liz.

Though you'd been offered a plus one, you really had no one to bring. Elizabeth and Leandra were both swept up in their own busy schedules, and Cove's arrival was delayed by work. Even if you'd wanted to make the latter your guest, he'd already been on the invite list himself.

"Mission accomplished," Terry murmurs as if he's making an aside into a hidden earpiece. "We've successfully dropped off [Name]."