tour de Promenade

Part 2: Follow

Eighth Movement, tour de Promenade

tour de Promenade

"It is when a dancer turns around in a pivoting motion, always maintaining turn out, while standing with one leg flat on the floor with the other leg in a position en l'air (in the air)."

(From balletmanilaarchives[dot]com)

🤍🖤

You pivot your body to face the handsome male in the doorway of the Eckert home, and your eyes narrow at his words.

"Well now, if you'll excuse me, I won't hold up your progress," he remarks with a small, reserved smile. "I'll see you tomorrow."

You've made it back to Jude's place and unloaded all of the stuff. Terry has broken off from the group to head to work, and Miranda had become sullen in his absence.

She'd engaged the group in a conversation about how she felt their efforts in the relationship were uneven–she falsely presumed that, because of Terry's helpful, outgoing personality, he was always doing more for her then she was for him. 

Jude, the chaotic devil on her shoulder, suggested throwing caution to the wind and proposing to Terry at the wedding. Then, surprisingly, Baxter had swooped in with a more reasonable suggestion–a mini-vacation for two.

His tamer solution had struck a chord in your bff who, all told, struggled with confidence. She wasn't up for any big lifestyle changes yet, but a weekend getaway she could handle.

After this was resolved neatly, Baxter and the future newlyweds had briefly coordinated tomorrow's plans. Instead of a big group meeting, the three of them would have a formal day of suit fittings and dance lessons. In comparison, this would free up your day for centerpieces and some leisure time.

"Jude and Scott especially, but I do hope the entire committee will be there for the last meeting that night," Baxter adds with a sweeping gaze around the room.

You know it's natural for him to leave–he has to clock-out at some point, anyway, but something about his quick departure always gets under your skin. It's like 'great escapes' are his favorite hobby , you muse.

"Wait–" Scott calls, halting Baxter's attempted exit. "For the special last meeting, why don't we have it here instead of in the office?"

"Yeah," Jude agrees immediately. "It's not like it'll be your first time coming over. You're already here today giving advice."

"Hmm," Baxter's eyes widen, and it's clear that he hadn't expected this personal development. "Inviting me to your home? You are too kind."

He doesn't respond right away, and appears to be considering the pros and cons of the arrangement. You want to be wrong, but your gut is telling you that your presence is at the top of the con list, and the thing which gives him pause. Then, he smiles acquiescently, "Well…I would be glad to accept your hospitality."