Evie Adams vs The Photographs

"How many bedrooms does this place have?" Lola walked along the landing with a look of awe on her face, I chuckled to myself as I watched her. I veered to the left and walked into one of the bedrooms, it was rammed with piles of cardboard boxes six or seven foot high. Dust sheets covered an old bed and a vanity desk.

"Shit, this looks like a lot of work! You know I didn't come up here just to help you clean the place up!" Lola placed her hands on her hips and feigned annoyance but it didn't last long as a smile curved at the sides of her mouth.

"At least the ceiling looks safe in here, we aren't going to get crushed or soaked." I looked around the room trying to figure out the best place to start. Everything was covered in about an inch of dust and didn't look very inviting, I headed towards one of the shorter piles of boxes and lifted the top one onto the bed. A cloud of dust blew into my face making me cough and splutter.

Lola walked over to stand next to me waving her hand in the air trying to clear some of the dust, all I can say is that I was glad that I didn't suffer from asthma. Lifting the lid only sent more dust into the air, it might be a good idea to get some of those masks for our mouths. "I'm gonna grab a couple of masks from downstairs." I turned to walk out the room and saw Seth standing in the doorway holding some face masks.

My face broke into a wide grin as I walked towards him. "You read my mind." I stated as I took a couple of masks from the ones he'd brought.

"I'll come and check up on you later. Don't go climbing up any wardrobes while I'm gone." He grinned as my mind flashed back to a few weeks ago.

"Don't worry I've got Lola to catch me this time." I swivelled to get back to Lola but felt his fingers enclose my wrist. He pulled me round and into his body, his hands moved to my hip and lower back. He tilted his face down to mine and caught my lips in a quick passionate kiss, before releasing me just as quickly.

"The thing is I like catching you." He whispered in my ear causing me to shiver. I was a little dizzy as I walked back over to Lola, handing her the face mask in my left hand.

"You two are all over each other, Lexie was saying yesterday that they're scared of walking in a room in case they find the two of you naked going at it like rabbits." I blushed bright crimson at her choice of words, Lola wasn't the type of person speak softly she'd say it straight out the way she saw it. "This is so not like you Evie but I really like it. Seth's brought out your wild side!"

She howled like a wolf, making me jump out of my skin. "Jesus Christ! Warn me if you're going to do that. I think I'm having a heart attack." I placed my hand on my chest where my heart was hammering against my ribcage. "I can't help it with Seth, he just does something to me. Something inside me wakes up and roars." I shook my head and cringed at my own words, but there was no other way to describe it.

"Mmhmm, that's why he's a keeper. It's the same with me and R-" She stopped herself mid-sentence like she was about to let slip some little secret. I looked round and pulled a questioning face at her but she had her back turned to me and was lifting another cardboard box from the pile.

"Oh wow! Look there's lots of old photographs in here." I couldn't help but feel she was trying to change the subject rather abruptly. There's ones of the estate in its heyday, the grounds looking amazing, people boating on the loch." She began laying out the black and white prints on the bare space on the floor, it was probably the cleanest surface in the room.