Evie Adams vs The Engagement Party

Scotland was now officially depressing me, it wasn't the country itself or the weather or most of the people. It was the fact that Seth was so cold to me, he was a total contrast to his former self. He didn't want to be anywhere near me, if I entered a room he would either give me a cold stare then ignore me or stand up and walk out without saying a word. Lexie and Alice were constantly trying to comfort me but it was no use, I had been the architect of my own heartbreak.

I was due to drive down to London in a couple of days' time and I had planned to tough it out and stay in the house and around Seth. However it was becoming too much and it hurt more to be around him ignoring me than it would be to be away from him. Thus I made up my kind and bagged a bag with enough clothes to keep me going for a few days.

After I'd put it in the car, I walked into the kitchen to let Lexie know of my change of plan. "Are you sure you want to go? You shouldn't let Seth force you out of your own home, he'll pull out of this funk in a few days." She looked at me with a sad smile on her face and a pleading look in her eyes.

"I have to go, I can't stand how cold he is; I know I deserve it but it still hurts. A few days away from him will do me good, plus it'll give me chance to catch up with Lola and help her find a dress." I smiled at her but it never reached my eyes, I didn't really want to go but I knew I couldn't stay here.

"What's going on?" Alice walked into the kitchen carrying a duster and some polish.

"Evie's decided to go down to London a few days early."

"Oh, I hope it's not because of this argument you've had with Seth. He can be stubborn when he wants to be." She placed the cleaning bits on the table and gave me a quick hug, which only made me feel like sobbing into her shoulder.

"No of course it isn't. Lola needs my help to find the perfect wedding dress." I pulled back and looked over her shoulder at Lexie who had her eyebrows raised at me, knowing full well Seth was part of the reason for leaving earlier.

"I'll see you soon." I waved goodbye and headed out to my car. Lola, Robbie nor Penny knew that I was heading down early and I was looking forward to surprising them. I was also looking forward to seeing London again, I hated to admit it but I missed the crowded buses, the delayed underground trains and the tourists asking me for directions to Piccadilly Circus. It would be nice to go back.

I'd gotten all the way down to the M25 before I hit any traffic, it was gridlocked all the way down with people enjoying their summer holidays. The radio was having a classic rock afternoon, I smiled to myself as the opening chords of Thin Lizzy's The Boys Are Back In Town' began to play. Drumming on the steering wheel and singing along, I received some strange looks from people in the cars around me.

When I finally reached my exit my pulse picked up with excitement, Camden appeared in front of me and couldn't stop smiling at being home. I parked round the corner from Lola's flat and grabbed my bag from the boot. Swinging it over my shoulder I practically skipped up the street to her apartment building.

Luck was definitely shining down on me, a young women with a pushchair was just coming out of the door when I arrived, meaning I wouldn't have to buzz up to Lola's apartment. I grabbed the door and held it open as she bundled through, smiling as she thanked me. Lola lived on the third floor so I took the stairs two at a time. The landing was empty when I reached the top.

Walking over to the door I knocked quickly and held my breath, there was some shuffling inside before the door opened before me. Lola stood open mouthed on the doorstep before screaming at the top of her voice. "Oh my God! What are you doing here? I thought you wouldn't be down for a few days." She pulled me into a bear hug as Robbie came running out of the bedroom to see what all the commotion was.