Chapter 1 - 2

As Tighnari fell asleep, I felt rather relieved. Sometimes he would be up for the whole night either doing work or just being unable to rest.

"Good night," I whispered to him, slowly leaving his hut.

Kaveh and Alhaitham had invited me to the tavern, but I decided to visit Tighnari instead. My constant worry for him was always brought up when I refused their invitations, but I had good reasons to be so concerned.

Especially now.

"Greater Lord Rukkhadevata..."

I muttered the name Tighnari mentioned over and over. It rolled of my tongue well, as if I had said it many times, but my mind recalled nothing.

...

Soon, I reached the city. Perhaps Alhaitham and Kaveh were still hanging about in the tavern, although it was very late already.

I decided to take a chance and enter the tavern, although it was already meant to be closed a while ago. If the lights were still on inside, Kaveh was probably puking rainbows, or something.

"...Mmhh.. Why are there 3 Alhaithams? Am I in heaven? Oh Archons... I have a project.."

"Kaveh, it's almost 1am. Please get off the floor. Lambad's going to have to bring a stroller if this keeps happening."

"I'm your baby, Haitham~ AGH DON'T KICK ME!!"

I stood there, watching the chaos unfold. Alhaitham had noticed me, but decided not to state it for some reason. Rather typical of him. Also rather typical of Kaveh to be unimaginably drunk and still conscious somehow.

Since I knew this was probably going to go on until daylight, I quietly left the tavern. It was probably best not to tell too many people about Tighnari's strange 'Greater Lord' thing.

"The lightning probably screwed his head up," I sighed to myself.

A trip to the Bimarstan would probably make Tighnari feel better, but I just know he'd refuse. He takes care of so many people yet abandons himself.

...

"I'll go next. The Traveller and I went to Pardis Dhyai. The situation was a bit complicated, but we found Tighnari. Unfortunately, he was wounded during a fight."

"...Who was behind it?" I asked, my blood boiling within me.

"Uh... Well, that's the tough part... What should I say, Traveller? 'The Fatui' or 'The Balladeer'?"

"..I'd say 'The Balladeer'."

I growled in anger. How could someone do such a thing to Tighnari? That Balladeer... I'll get my revenge, just take my word-

"General? Wake up. There's a new case to deal with, something to do with the Court of Desolation. Erm... is the air-con broken? You're sweating so much I could hydrate my dad's skin, with allat moisture. And he's wrinkly as flip."

I sat up from my bed and the matra disturbing me at the Akademiya facility's door disappeared, as if on command.

"Thanks for knocking.." I muttered, annoyed.

The dream-- well, the memory -- nagged at me as I got ready for work. Everything about that situation made me feel anger, but it was all in the past now. And Tighnari was doing fine, which was all that mattered.

My mind then wandered to the case. The Court of Desolation was a mysterious place. Not much was known about it at all... and all the information known blabbers on about dangers.

"General, what's taking so long? Oh... it looks like you've been in a coma. I'll give you a bit longer."

At least the matra closed the door this time as I threw my glove at her.

"Next time I'm throwing my polearm."

(583 words)