Chapter 6 - 3

"S- Sir? Mr. Tighnari? What are you doing?? Please stop!"

That voice... Collei. The arrow dropped out of my hands and I turned around, almost instinctively.

"...What do you need, Collei?"

"Are you okay? What in Teyvat are you doing... what P- Put that arrow away!"

My head turned back to the arrow in front of me. Collei was right. What the fuck was I doing? I wasn't just going to pussy out and kill myself because I thought the world was unfair.

"Sorry about that," I said simply, and staggered back to the Forest Rangers' hut.

...

It felt as if I had decided on a path to walk when I woke up the next day. Somehow, I felt enlightened.

As I walked out of the Ranger hut I noticed Collei standing nearby, anxiously waiting for me, seemingly.

"..Ah, Collei. Please tell your master that I'll be leaving now. Thank you for letting me stay."

"Oh! Uhm... it's alright. Safe travels, Mr. Tighnari!"

I smiled bitter-sweetly and walked along the familiar path out of Gandharva Ville that led towards the city.

...

In all honestly, I had no plan of what to do at all. I just followed my rash instincts. My mind was still in a complete mess, after all. This whole situation was just screwing me over.

Sumeru City was surprisingly quiet today, with only a few people walking about. I looked up, and inferred that the absence of people was probably due to the weather. Dark clouds sat overhead, ready to throw their tears onto the land at any moment.

"Hopefully there'll be no thunder... Ugh."

A set of familiar footsteps broke my train of thought. I looked around.

The Traveller?

"A- Aren't you meant to be in Fontaine?" I asked, too surprised to remember greetings.

"We just wanted to say bye to everyone before leaving!" Paimon chirped, flying around the Traveller's head excitedly.

It seemed Celestia had finally taken pity on me, for the Traveller (and Paimon, I guess) had showed up at the perfect time.

"Well, Traveller, I'd like to ask for one last thing... Would it be possible to restore someone that had been erased back into existence?"

The Traveller stayed silent for a while, considering my question.
"...Paimon, why don't you visit the food stalls one last time while I talk to Tighnari?" they said in a hushed tone.

Being the glutton child she was, Paimon flew away instantly. The Traveller turned back to me.

"Nahida has illustrated 'fairytales' of certain people... And they're unaffected by the Irminsul, since they're deeply stored in her memories and dreams as allegories. When brought into physical form, the records are shaped like boxes. Perhaps there would be a way to insert it back into the Irminsul... But why are you asking this, Tighnari? Did someone..."

I didn't want to get the Traveller involved in another problem... They'd already been caught up in so much chaos around Teyvat, and I didn't want to disrupt their schedule since they were about to go to Fontaine.

"Just wondering," I responded simply, "You should get going to say your farewells to everyone."

The Traveller nodded.
"We've actually already met almost everyone. It's just Cyno we haven't seen yet. I know he's usually busy with work, but wouldn't he be on a short break or something, at least?" they questioned.

"...He's just busy with a mission. I'll deliver your message to him," I uttered, trying to make sure my voice didn't break.

Once Paimon finished venturing the streets of Sumeru one last time, I waved goodbye to the two.

This was all on me now. I had to restore Cyno's legacy that I screwed up.

(584 words)

(PS: Sorry for slow updates, I've been having some writer's block as well as school starting again, but gojo and geto fueled me fr)