Chapter 4 - 2

"So... You heard there was a group of Eremites that were suspected to have connections with the Fatui, and then you just strolled into the desert and got yourself injured?"

When the Akademiya official put it like that, I couldn't help but think my excuse was plain.

"Yes," I answered simply.

"And why were you with that long-eared Forest Watcher?"

"Just an encounter. He was travelling in the desert and found me in that sticky situation."

The official tapped his fingers on the table. He seemed to be buying my story.
"I remember mentions of you being well acquainted with him... what a happy coincidence."

I nodded, putting on a false smile for a few moments.

"...Alright, General Cyno. I think that's enough. Go rest yourself in the Akademiya facilities. You'll be expected to be up and running again in... 12 days maximum."

"Thank you," I said, bowing slightly, and exiting the room.

Tighnari had mentioned at one point that I'd need a lot more than around 2 week of rest. But I had to work, for the good of Sumeru. And for the good of me, to some extent.

I arrived at the facility I was staying in. Every time I left, any personal possessions I accidentally forgot to pack away were taken. It was really annoying. The Akademiya stated they did this because other people may need to use this room, but honestly, that was never the case.

There was one time where they had taken a picture of me and Tighnari on graduation day. I only got it back after hours of pointless arguing.

I sighed heavily as I tucked myself into the bland white bed. Moonlight flooded in from the bedside window. I looked through the window, admiring the sky.

The moon was beautiful tonight.

...

My body still felt heavy from fatigue as I travelled to Gandharva Ville. I disliked journeying right after waking up, but whatever. At this point I didn't care.

I felt rather relieved as the familiar huts and trees came into view. The forest was nice, but I wasn't suited to it. It felt too damp, and not even the Archons know how many tree roots I've tripped over.

"Oh, Cyno. How are you doing?"
Tighnari emerged from his hut, waving.

"..Hey, did you injured your foot or something? You're limping a bit," I muttered.

"Don't worry, it's just a bit sore. That's why I'm not on patrol right now. Besides, I'm knackered from the last few days," Tighnari explained, inviting me to sit on his bedside.

"Maybe you should get it checked out..."

"No worries, Cyno. I've checked it myself. It's minor- I'll be able to just rest it off."

"Well my stab wound isn't gonna get rested off. I don't know how I'm going to cope with 12 days of vacation" I sighed, looking at my bloody bandage.

"They're giving you that little time? I'm gonna have to go to the city and talk to those darn peabrains myself..." Tighnari spat angrily.

I hummed in agreement, fiddling with the tip of Tighnari's fluffy tail. Luckily, he didn't seem to mind it.

"...Alright, enough of that, Cyno. Let's get you wrapped up."

I noticed a flustered look on Tighnari's face as he stood up.
"Did you enjoy that?" I asked jokingly.

Tighnari snorted at me in reply, which I found really cute.

Okay, I should stop finding him cute. Or else I'm going to fall even harder for him.

"What's with that weird face, Cyno? Do you find me cute or something?"

(592 words)