Nishachar Vad and Marriages

He went to his to Bramharshi Vishwamitra.

"Hey Maharshi I have failed as a King" Said Karn "I couldn't even protect my wife properly"

"That is not true Rajan"said Vishwamitra " king can't always be cooped up in the Palace. It is those demons who took advantage of this and attacked the Palace." Don't forget Rajan that you killed tens of millions of demons with just three arrows."

"Yet I failed to protect my subjects"

"Rajan these things were bowed to happen when dealing with demons, you know how Rakshas Raja Ravaan kidnapped Ma Sita by distracting Bhagwan Ram, and Bhagwan Ram did in response. Rajan it is your duty to kill or drive away all the Demons.

"Your wish is my command Munivaar" said Karn with a heavy heart.

For the next few months he traveled across his kingdom defeating demons wherever he could find them.

He used his Divyadrishti, he could to find out where the demons were hiding. Most of the demons went back to Pataal, but some stayed behind and were killed

Soon he found the hiding place of Nishachar the mastermind of the master mind of the Palace attack. Karn went into his layer.

" NISHACHAR " he called out.

The Demon appeared. "Who enters my domain "

"One who will have your head" said karna.

"Oh child. You really feel that you can kill me?"

"Otherwise why would I be here?" Said Karn "I have a personal score to settle with you "

"Do your worse boy" Nishachar

Then start a titanic clash between the two Nishachar used his tamasi Maya against Karn, while Karn used his Divyadrishti. Nishachar rained arrows, spears, swords and maces on Karn. Karna countered with his own arrows. But Karn was not in the mood to prolong the fight. He summoned the Indrastra and shot it towards the demon. In an instant Nishachar was beheaded.

Kratasur upon seeing this fight from his own layer, decided to lay low for a while. He knew that Karn couldn't kill him because of his boons but he still wasn't ready to risk it.

Time went by and the demon menace seemed to stop completely.

Everyone in the kingdom was in a festive mood. the months passed by  Karn became a father of two. The name of the twins were Vrishkanya and Vrishvahan. However unfortunately Vrushali passed away at childbirth, which left Karn heart broken. He became more grim. But no matter what he had to continue ruling.

Karn was busy in his sabha when a messenger from Pukhya came to invite him as a potential siuter for the princess of Pukheya, Princess Uruvi. He was invited in her swayamvar. Karn was in a dilemma, he just had 2 kids and he didn't want to marry again at least not so soon as he had. But Guru Vishwamitra talked him into it.

"Rajan" said Vishwamitra " We are all moaning the loss of our queen. But the life in the kingdom must continue. " Uruvi is one of my own students" she is adept in both Archery and the sword and has good knowledge of the shastras. She would make a great queen.

Karn was still heart broken on the death of Vrushali but realized that his kids needed a mother. So he decided to go to the swayamvar.

Within a few days the swayamvar started. The swayamvar was kept a simple event. No competion. The Bride will chose the groom. Karn was seated at one of the ends. Then Uruvi arrived with her garland. Her eyes immediately fell on Karn. She was enamored by his physical presence. She walked straight towards him and put the garland on him. There were some murmuring among the other kings but they accepted the outcome. No one was willing to fight the killer of Jarasandh and many other Demons. The King of Pukheya was most happy. He secretly wanted his daughter to marry Karn.