.prologue

in the year 2022 the fia was heavily considering trying project fd, meaning project female drivers. project fd was a project where the fia would carefully choose a single female who they believed was up to the formula one standard in her training and skills, and place her in a formula one car. once the female driver was in this car they were given twelve laps to prove they could withstand everything that comes with the speed and strength of the formula one car.

as the fia sifted through the possible candidates for this project, the only one they seemed to find a perfect fit for this was young claire banks. as they called the nineteen year old driver in for a meeting her mind wandered at all the bad things she could've done in previous races in order for the fia to stand in.

as the fia explained there plans for female drivers to be introduced into the sport of formula one, claire became more and more confused. eventually she asked how anything they were telling her involved a secret one on one meeting with the fia leaders. 

they explained she was the chosen candidate for this project and they offered her a contract of three months to prove she could meet the expectations of the formula of standards. if she was able to do so driving with mercedes she would instantly be offered a four year contract and changed the way the sport is forever.

not only would claire be the only female on the 2023 grid, she would also be the youngest driver, being nineteen years old and turning twenty late march. claire knew she was the best driver on the formula three track though she didn't ever think she'd be moved from f3 to f1 in under three months.

claire must have been staring at the contract for a while as one of the leaders called her name. claire, in a moments excitement, agreed to take the contract and signed her name at the dotted line in a matter of seconds while smiling. 

they explained that there was a given for there to be much disagreement from many supporters giving a female a seat in a power team for the start of the season. claire understood that and nodded while thanking them for this amazing opportunity. 

claire was soon dismissed and walked from the office with her head held high and her smile reaching her left ear over to her right. not only was this an opportunity to improve her skills, she would be able to race alongside a long term family friend, charles leclerc.