.03

claire's pov - February 2nd, 2023

as i stepped off the plan into the humid air of bali, indonesia i knew my naturally wavy hair was in for a treat. "hot isn't it?" charles asked walking off ahead on me as i dragged my carry on along the tarmac of the airport.

for the next two days i was staying here with charles and a few other drivers with their girlfriends. noah wasn't able to make it due to being caught up with work but i had lilly to keep me well accompanied through the vacation. "claire come on! lets get to the hotel," lilly yelled while buddying up next to charles. 

they were walking while pointing to a map as i managed to catch up to their excited pace. "so who is going to be here?" i asked while throwing the carry on over my shoulder. "i know about us three, pierre and carlos."

"also daniel, lando and max," charles added while looking back at me. "pierre brought his girlfriend as well. i'm not sure who max brought, but i remember it being someone." i nodded while taking a sip of water from my drink bottle. 

once we made it to the car taking us to the hotel i cracked up the aircon while placing my face in front of it. the sun here was beaming and painfully hot. as i refreshed my face charles and lilly were discussing the room arrangement while i pretend to listen. "claire, is that a yes or no to sharing a bed with lilly?" charles snapped his fingers in my face.

"yeah no that's fine," i answered removing my face from the cold rush of air. "wait how many beds are there?" i asked confused as to why i was sharing a bed. 

lilly shook her head. "ik kan niet met jou," she whispered under her breath. "there are ten people and eight beds. if you were listening you would've heard me." i scrunched my face at her while she rolled her eyes. "how did you guys even convince your managers to get a vacation so close to the testing?"

"connections," charles said while looking down at his phone. "see lilly, i told you it was easier to use my phone. now get rid of this stupid thing," charles shoved the paper map back into lilly's arms.

lilly kicked charles behind his knees as he almost fell forward while her and i laughed. charles rolled his eyes before we entered the car waiting for the three of us. charles in the front seat while lilly and i sat comfortably in the back. "rama garden hotel?" the driver asked charles.

"that's the one," charles clicked his seatbelt as lilly and i followed.

-:--:--:-

"here we are," the driver unlocked the doors as i looked out the window confused. it was a tiny little place though charles seemed confident as he exited the car. i thanked the driver before exiting the car and frowning.

"charles, you said you book a massive hotel," i stated leaning into him trying to keep my voice down. "this isn't exactly massive, or even big."

charles shook his head before i noticed someone coming up to us with open arms. as i snapped my head over i saw lando approaching us with a massive smile. "hey guys! finally i'm not the only on here." charles hugged lando while i just awkwardly smiled. while shaking his hand. "you must me claire. i've heard so much about you."

i nodded and introduced lilly as she also shook his hand. she looked back at me and gave a look indicating she thought he was hot though i rolled my eyes with a small head shake. "and claire, we are staying here tonight then going to the peninsula resort. most people are flying in tomorrow though us four plus max fly in today."

i nodded as lando and lilly were already grabbing our luggage from the back of the car. charles and i helped and we made it into the service area. we were served by an older lady who offered us orange juice as a thank you for staying and we all took it thankfully while being led to our rooms. 

"on room here with two beds, the other here also have two beds and one over there with single bed for one," the lady pointed over the pool to a room on the other side. "enjoy your stay here."

we all unloaded into the same room and said to sort everything out once max arrived, which surprisingly was only twenty minutes that. "max is here," lando stated looking down at his phone. "i'll go get him."

i waited on the end of the bed playing with the ends of my hair as charles and lilly were speaking about how they were excited to go for a swim in the pool. it was super hot here so i was also excited.

i heard the door click and my head snapped up as the two time world champion walked into the room with lando right behind him. "max, this is lilly," lando introduced as he went into hug lilly as she did the same. "and this is the infamous claire banks."

"pari," i corrected lando standing up as max turned to face me. "it's claire pari-banks." the moment max looked at me something in my body shifted though i had no clue what. i made my way over and stuck my hand out for him to shake while my knees felt week. he had been one of my biggest idols for the longest time now.

max took my hand not breaking the eye contact and smiled. "nice to finally meet you claire," he said in a tone that made my heart skip a beat. 

"okay, so what's the room arrangement? because i want to go for a swim." lilly perked up as i stepped back from max realising he still had a grip on my hand, to which he slowly let go of. i snapped my focus away from his eyes and noticed everyone staring at max and i. "uhh, rooms?"

after arranging it so lilly and i would share, then lando and max with charles alone we all moved into our seperate rooms. "so, what was the deal with mr world champion back then?" lilly asked while pulling out her bikini from her suitcase as i did the same. 

i looked over at her with a disgusted face as she raised her eyebrows. "lilly gross. i have a boyfriend remember?"

"you sure you remembered that?" she said under her breath while zipping her suitcase up. she made her way for the bathroom as i got changed before she managed to walk out. i grabbed the pair of swimming shorts i brag and before i could put them on lilly walked out. "why are you wearing those? your bikini looks amazing!"

i looked over at her and turned around as her face quickly dropped remembering why i always wore shorts while swimming. i hoisted the shorts up and smiled as she forced a smile. i opened the door and walked out to see the three boys already in the pool shirtless.

max's eyes seemed to be fixed on my body and as drew my hair into a bun to prevent it from getting tangled in the water. once i was in the pool he looked away as a beach ball charles threw at him bounced off his head. charles looked at him with a greasy look as max shrugged his shoulders.