.04

max's pov - February 3rd, 2023

"max vertsappen right?" i boy asked me from behind me as i spun around along with everyone else. we were walking down a street known as 'garlic lane.' it was were all the small stores were and we had been noticed aa far bit while walking. "i'm such a huge fan. see!" the boy then flipped his cap around and it was a classic redbull cap with my number. number one.

i smiled down at him before offering a photo which he shook his head violently at. we took a photo and then he asked if the other drivers could also be included. they all agreed while claire backed up with lilly and let us do our thing.

once the boy ran off i saw claire smiling at us, though it was easy to tell it was fake. "you'll get one day rookie," carlos said rubbing claire's hair as she laughed. "well now i believe we are having lunch at the blue skyz restaurant?"

charles nodded his head while i caught up to daniel. just as we were turing a corner a motorbike came extremely close to us merely missing claire as she jumped back. out of instinct i brought my arm out as i just caught her before she fell into peirre. "you alright?" i asked her pulling her forward to her feet.

lilly caught her back as she nodded her head and placed one hand on her head with still tightly gripping my arm. "yeah i'm okay. thanks," she said while letting me go as i smiled at her. 

"the restaurant is just up hear anyway. think you can stay alive until then?" charles joked while claire shook her head. 

"why do they all drive so closely to the people? i just don't get it," claire complained while she placed her hand over her heart. 

i laughed at the sight of her sheet while complexion. "i'm sure you'll live. i might just stand here in case though," i joked as i moved over to stand by her and placed my hand in the centre of her back holding her upright. 

i smiled down at her before looking up to see lilly staring me down from next to charles. she shook her head at claire while i removed my hand confused as to why lilly clearly had a disliking for me. 

we entered the restaurant together and were greeted by a short lady with long black hair. "hello! what can i do for you all today?" she asked her accent thick. charles told her he had a reservation under his name and she leaded us to a table in the front of the restaurant under a massive beach umbrella stopping the sun from beaming down on us. "i will come back soon to take orders."

the short lady went off and we all opened a menu. "today's my shout. so go nuts," lando announced while we all thanked him with a smile. 

once the lady came back we each put in our orders and the lady wrote down everything on a small notepad before disappearing back into the kitchen area. "so claire. are you excited to be the first female driver in formula one?" peirre asked trying to spark conversation.

"of course i am. it's a huge opportunity to prove what female can do for the sport," claire answered in a cheery voice. i wondered how many times she's been asked that question since the public found out. 

"and what can females do for the sport exactly?" i asked coming off as unnecessarily cocky.

claire looked at me and smiled before saying, "well i'm sure a female can drive as well as a male and the world doesn't understand that. so i'm going to prove them wrong."

i nodded my head while crossing my arms. "i mean can they really?" i questioned as claire frowned. "in a formula one car you experices twice the amount that an astronaut does during take off. i find it hard to believe that many female can handle such force with their... slim builds."

claire straightened her posture as everyone fell silent around us, looking down and avoiding eye contact with either of us. "i believe i can. and the fia believes it as well, so why doubt the possibility?" claire shot back as i arched an eyebrow and smiled.

"you drove an f3 car. again we," i gestured around the table, "are put to a real test. facing 6gs while you simply experience 3gs."

claire laughed as lilly pitched in. "you don't think she knows that? she's been training tirelessly with the mercedes team to perfect her skills for the f1 track. she knows how harsh the force is. you know i think personally, she is a better damn driver than you."

i just nodded my head and stayed quiet and as if on queue the waiter came back with our drinks. "here are those drinks for all of you. the food shall be at least fifteen minutes, give or take." she stated while charles thanked her.

"let's place a bet on it then." claire proposed placing her elbows on the table. i leaned in curious and ran my thumb across my bottom lips. "if i place on the podium with in the first ten races, you owe me two hundred dollars. if i don't, then i'll so whatever you want."

i thought for a moment thinking of what to ask of her. "fine. but i want a single date in return," i stated as lilly spat the cocktail out of her mouth into the ground, barely missing charles shoes. "and, in less then ten races. i want it done in three, in return for one thousand dollars."

"she can't do that. she has a boyfriend," lilly said as my eyes quickly snapped to claire. 

claire looked from lilly to and and nodded. "fine. you have yourself a deal," she said as she stuck her hand out. i was hesitant to take it now knowing she has a boyfriend, but something in me took it anyway and shook it.

"CLAIRE!" lilly snapped as claire chose to ignore lilly. charles also pulled claire in and whispered something to her which she also chose to ignore. "you are stupid." lilly said aloud.

i stared at claire while she slowly turned to lilly. "i'll be walking away with a thousand dollars. he won't get that date, i promise." she said while turning back to me with fire in her eyes. she clearly liked the sound of a challenge just as much as i did and i knew that i was getting that date as there was no way a female rookie could get podium in three races.

"moving on!" lando cut in as we all looked over at him. "what are we doing tomorrow?"