1

I was packing my clothes when my older sister came walking through the door.

"You already packed? that was quick." I peered at my sister.

"Yes it was very quick. I just shoved a bunch of my clothes in the suitcase." I sighed.

My sister Lily Jane. Messy and unorganised but unexpected considering she's 3 years older than me. Me however the complete opposite. She's confident and a party girl which sounds aspiring to me. I think our mom raised us to be confident and to never shit from anybody.

I was a bit more calmer than her but nonetheless the same. and we wouldn't of wanted it any differently.

"You excited to see Belly and Steven?" She said to me. Of course I was, Belly was my cousins best friend. We never saw each other that much because we agreed that staying away from each other until summer would mean that we'd have loads to talk about but I was always excited to see her every summer. Steven pretty much the same. I would miss the times where he would check Conrad and humble him.

"Yes I am. I feel like this summer will be different and fun. I mean it's probably the first real summer that I'll be allowed to do more things than normal and mom would let me." Not that she didn't before.

My mom was very adamant on having fun in cousins. If she was having fun, we were having fun. This meant parties, bonfires. I was only allowed to do these kinds of things in cousins which made me extremely grateful.

"Well you are 16 years old.. I say fun all day for us little si." I smiled. My sister loved including me in activities. I was never worried about her leaving me out.

"Thanks babe. love you? I guess." Lily smiled and ushered me to hurry as we were leaving in an hour.

I went back to packing my sundresses, denim shorts with tank tops of all different colours, some party outfits and as soon as I was done I headed out to the car to leave for cousins.

Lily and I were over the phase where you would argue with your siblings for the front seat...mostly. I volunteered to sit in the back as it was a long drive and this meant that i'd get more space in the back to chill and relax.

We got to Susannah's house and the conklins were already there. Everybody was looking for us.

"Fashionably late to the party always you JANES!" Laurel laughed.

"Always." My mother grinned and went to crush both Laurel and Susannah in a hug. She'd known them both for a very long time and they are her best friends for life she would say to Lily and I.

I went to hug Jeremiah. "Hey Jeremiah, looking good as always." He smirked and hugged back by sliding his hands on my waist which made me think twice. And Belly comes running out with her long voluminous hair swaying back and forth running to hug me. We hug each other for the longest time.

"Belly i've missed you so much. I whisper to her.

She is the Laurel to my Lana. I step back and take good look at my bells.

"Aw belly you look so pretty. You really are so gorgeous." I say to her and she appreciates the compliment because it lights up her face and she won't stop smiling.

"And you Miss Sierra Jane are looking mighty fine this summer." I laughed and twirled.

"Thank you belly." I squash my face while hugging her again. In the corner of my eye I can see Steven lurking in the shadows.

"Hey Steven! How've you been?" I practically bombarded him with the biggest hug. I wait for a response until I see another figure at the corner of my eye.

Conrad Fisher.

He just stares at me so I do the unexpected thing and stare him straight in the eye. There was no way he of all people was gonna intimidate me. Not after all these years of loathing each other.

At this point, Steven is gone because he was texting somebody but I just kept staring till he come over. I was leaning against my mom's car when he came walking straight over to me.

He towered over me and I had to move my head up a bit to see his whole face which was alarmingly attractive. Susannah once said that Belly and I were destined for her boys. Looking at Conrad I couldn't see how that were true considering our situation and with Jeremiah I didn't feel anything with him.

I wasn't up for the antics this summer.