9

"Good morning everybody!" I strolled in to see everyone having their breakfast. I go straight to my mom and kiss her on the forehead, also hugging her. She looked wary of this because I was never this happy in the morning. I wasn't even a morning person.

"Can't a girl be happy on this fine morning?" Catching onto my mom's looks.

"Are we done with the portrait yet?" Steven piped up to susannah.

"Yeah for today. But I must say you do look good in a dress shirt, steven."

"Which makes me think if belly doesn't hurry up and ask Cam to that ball, you should take her!" Jeremiah had an amused face and belly's disturbed tone suggested that she did not want to go to the ball with her brother.

"Ah i'm already going with Shayla." Steven quickly shut down.

"That's cute." My mom piped up.

"To the debutante ball?" Laurel's face expression moulding into a confused and amused face.

"Yesss."

"As an escort?" Laurel carries on.

"Wrap your head around it, Mom. all right?" Steven nervously laughed.

"Sierra you excited for today?" My mom noticed I was quieter than usual. Still happy which was also unusual. I was just in my own head about the kiss. that unforgettable, amazing passionate kiss. I wouldn't mind if I had to do that again.

"Uh yeah, it'll be great. Dad's coming down. i'm excited." I quickly said to get myself of the spot.

My mom smirking after my answer was not a good sign. she was about to air something out to the whole family and I had a tiny inkling of what it could be.

How did she even find out?

"You know a little birdy told me something." She dragged out what she was going to say to completely embarrass me.

"You're evil. don't do it." warning my mother and conrad walked into the room, which made the situation ten times worse.

"Oh look, conrad's here. This is even better." My whole head on the table groaning while pennywise other there was grinning about his dad not being able to make it to the 4th of july. Everyone was very interested in what she wanted to say.

The way she embarrasses me, you'd think she wanted us together. But it meant nothing. I just didn't wanna be teased about it and that will happen because there was no stopping my mother on this.

Here she goes.

"Well, some would say they saw you on Conrad's lap kissing him at Nicole's party." The series of gasps after that couldn't be counted. I couldn't imagine what conrad was thinking.

"And there it is. you never miss a chance to humiliate me." I said to her to which she replied with a gasp also.

"No I think it's cute. I love you guys together." She said and the awes from her were endless.

"What!" Susannah replied. She jumped all down and around for this moment with a grin on her face.

I couldn't even turn around and face him.

"Okay calm down. That did not happen. we didn't kiss." I thought maybe lying was the way out of this.

"You're a terrible liar." Steven said.

"It meant nothing I swear." I replied. I was making it worse for myself.

"Oh another lie." Lily propped up and smirked. Was she seriously contributing to this silliness?

"Okay you guys are judgy. Let's stop speaking about this. It wasn't that big of a deal." They all agreed in unison. but they were all gonna bring it up individually with me and conrad. they knew they would because they were itching for the details.

"Okay Conrad and Sierra. you can make the bed sheets for Belly's dad and his girlfriend." The awkwardness was oozing out of me as I cringed and wished for the day to be over.

I walked upstairs and didn't expect him to follow me.

I started on the sheets and because I was so distracted, I was getting none of it right.

"You gotta fold the bottom sheet at a 45 degree angle if you want tight corners." Conrad said.

"Yeah, not like that." He laughed.

"Help me please. your girl is struggling over here." I smiled and pleaded.

"You gotta pull this down. See."

"Thank you." I couldn't tell if this awkwardness was rising or leaving.

"So..downstairs?" He gestured towards the door.

"My mom is embarrassing. I'm sorry. she doesn't know when to stop." Now we were both sat in on the floor with our backs leaning against the bed.

"The way she said it." Conrad said, nearly laughing. Making me giggle, it was quite funny.

"Yeah she was very all like oh you were sitting on his lap and kissing him." I said in a mocking tone.

this is the first time that we've been able to joke around like this in a long time.

"That's never happening again. that is just like pure ammunition to make fun of me." I mumbled.

I noticed that Conrad and I were nicer to each other. we didn't come off like we didn't like each other before. I decided to call a truce but now I'm wondering if we ever actually hated each other in the first place.