4

"Officers thank you. It won't happen again. I can promise you that much." I could sense the anger radiating off of laurel. She's the only parent that's up and knows about this. Susannah and my mom were fast asleep.

"Again really sorry about all the trouble. Have a good night." She let the officers out the door and didn't wait a minute until she started scolding us.

"How could you guys be so irresponsible?" Laurel asked and everyone was in silence until steven spoke up.

"Mom it wasn't a big deal. seriously the cops were just looking to break up the bonfire." Steven told laurel as if it made her feel better.

"Not a big deal? I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal steven." Steven wasn't paying attention anymore but chuckles as he realised something.

"Were you guys smoking tonight?" Laurel looked appalled but even I could smell it but I kept quiet because this wasn't my conversation.

"Just so you know laurel. I was the DD I swear." I rolled my eyes at this because he tried getting himself out of trouble.

"And what about you? you're the oldest." Turning her attention to conrad.

And then she turned her attention on us. oh god.
"Your mom said could go out to the bonfire but why were you drinking?" Laurel pointed her question at me. She was scary when mad so I had to choose my wording wisely.

"Technically It was only half a beer and I wasn't even drunk! the only reason we got into trouble was because conrad was drinking and he was downing that shit like water!" I rambled on not caring that I threw conrad under the bus.

"Sorry he was downing the beverage like water." I  corrected my language and I put my head down. Maybe it was a little obvious that I lied about how much I drank because of the way I just reacted but that shouldn't be suspicious. I always acted like this to conrad.

"You're a bitch. you know that?" Conrad made known to the whole room.

"Yes I know. I'm a bitch to everyone. except bels." I smiled at belly.

"Well I hope you realise that this night could've ended very differently if your family wasn't your family." She emphasised on that last part.

"We're sorry laur." Jere spoke up.

"Just...go to bed guys." Everyone made a move to go to their rooms except conrad.

In the early hours of the morning, Belly still decided to go visit cam on his boat but she was too late and she saw conrad sitting on the beach but decided to leave him because he probably wanted to process what happened last night with the fight and everything. Sierra on the other hand was sleeping like a baby in her purple covers....

An hour later, I decided to get up, shower, brush her teeth, do my makeup and I decided on a tank top and jeans for the day.

I was listening and humming one of my favourite songs that was in playing the background while doing my makeup. Stay ready (what a life) by Jhene aiko and Kendrick lamar.

I headed down downstairs to see conrad on the couch, Jeremiah making something, Lily eating her breakfast, laurel working and I didn't know what steven was doing.

I sometimes could be very touchy with people if they didn't mind it, so I wrapped my hands around Jeremiah's waist and hugged him from the back.

"Hey good morning jere." He turned around and hugged me for the longest time. Truth be told, we were both very touchy with each other and we didn't mind it.