012

Wooyoung

It was getting progressively harder to be around San since the moment in the kitchen. Mostly because there had been many similar moments to follow. It got to the point that it was fucking impossible to be alone with him without the tension growing so high. 

And maybe I had deluded myself in believing it was the same on his part. 

Because I probably had. 

It didn't make it any easier though. 

I had very strongly convinced myself that the reason why we were so touchy was because we were the most affectionate ones in the group, so of course we'd go to each other. We knew the other would react well to it. 

Either way, we weren't actually do anything so Jongho never really complained. Even if he saw something he didn't like, he didn't tell me about it so I just continued like things were fine. 

I had been pounding on their front door for the past five minutes, it was very late so I wouldn't have been surprised if I woke them both when San opened the door, still looking groggy. 

For a split second I wanted to stare to register how handsome he looked but I pushed away the thought, almost ignoring him when I saw Jongho walking down the stairs, looking annoyed as hell. 

I ran past San to embrace Jongho, almost making us collapse if he hadn't caught me. "WHAT?!" He asked. 

"I got an A!" I said, shoving the paper in his face so he could read it. The first test I had received an A on since I got into college. 

He took the paper from my hands, reading over it. "Is this the subject I helped you on?" 

"Yes!" I hugged him again, but this time he didn't refuse it. "Thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me!" He really didn't. I knew it was just a test but it was the most I had improved and it gave me enough hope that I didn't have to drop out. 

"You came here just to tell me you got an A?" He asked, finally pushing me away. 

"Obviously! You're the reason I got it." I grinned at him. I felt like I could actually sleep easy tonight. 

Something flashed on his face that was gone before I could read it, and he smiled at me. "Good job, Woo." 

I relaxed a bit, having a hard time fighting off my smile. "Thanks." 

"I guess you can stay here tonight since you decided to wake everyone up." 

"Okay, I was kinda hoping you'd say that because Yunho and Mingi went on a date and-"

"Yeah, I get it. You can use the guest room." He said. 

"I'll take the couch." I said instead. The couch was still way too soft but it was better than their mattresses. Jongho's eyebrows knit together but he didn't question it. 

"I'm really proud of you, you know that right?" San said when he found me in the living room. I looked up at him, my heart doing that stupid thing it always did. 

I smiled, "Thanks." 

"Why'd you choose the couch? The guest bedroom is a lot more comfortable, I promise." He said, eyeing my as I was laying a pillow out Jongho had given me. 

"Not for me. They're too soft. I mean your couch is also soft, but it's more manageable." I said, resisting the urge to flatten the cushions. 

"Are the beds at the dorm that uncomfortable?" He asked, sitting on the arm of the couch. 

I thought it would be best to avoid the part in the conversation where I told him that the bed at my dorm was the first bed I'd ever had to myself. Even the bed at the dorm was more like cardboard than it was an actual mattress. It was the one that they had provided, and I think Mingi got a better one after many sleepless nights but I didn't touch mine. It didn't feel that different than the ones in the the motels I used to sleep in. 

"They're comfortable to me. Hence why I don't like your marshmallow mattress." I chuckled. 

"You seemed to sleep just find last time. If I recall you slept until the afternoon." He responded. 

"I was high." I countered. 

"Well my bed is always an option." 

"What good is your bed if you're going to leave again? It'd be the same if I slept in the guest room." I said, now focusing on San after I was somewhat satisfied with the couch. 

He was staring at me in the way that always made me a bit flustered. He really did have an intense stare and it was hard to ignore. 

"Maybe I wouldn't have to leave this time." He said, his tone very soft. 

What did he mean by that? And why was my head immediately falling in the gutter? I wasn't crazy, right? He said it, he's thinking the same thing I'm thinking. He's the one who created this tension between us, not me. 

I tried to lighten the mood a bit, "Why, you can't sleep without hugging something?" 

"You're right. Not usually." 

God fucking damn it, Choi San. 

Can't you let me live for one fucking second?! 

I took a deep breath and shook my head, chuckling at the absurdity. "You make things impossible, San. How am I supposed to turn you down now, knowing that it helps you sleep?" 

He shrugged like he was the innocent one in this situation, it made me narrow my eyes at him. "I'm just talking about my sleeping habits is all. If you want to join me, you can. If you don't, then I hope you have a good night on the couch. Goodnight, Wooyoung." He said, turning to walk up the stairs, making me watch as he left. 

Bastard.