Chapter 27

Kayden

Over the past few weeks, I have been the happiest I've ever been.

Paxton had healed fully after being out of the pack infirmary for a couple of days. During that time, Connor told me and Paxton how he got to the middle of the forest. That he had broken out of the safe room and Caleb had followed him to make sure he was safe. Because of this, Paxton and Caleb are now on good terms. Caleb and Kieran have also patched up their relationship. They are now going strong and are happily in love.

Right now though, I was extremely nervous. Tonight, Paxton, Kieran, Caleb, and I are going to Paxton and Kieran's senior prom and I am scared out of my mind. I fiddled with my tie and pulled on my jacket sleeves as I looked in the mirror.

I was wearing a white tux jacket with black lapels and black pants. A purple bow tie was wrapped around the collar of my white dress shirt. My light brown hair was slicked back, no longer hanging in my face so I had nothing to hide behind. I was nervous because I felt so exposed. The tux was form fitting, unlike the loose tshirts and sweatshirts I usually wear and I didn't have my hair in my face to hide behind. What if Paxton didn't like me like this? What if people thought I looked weird?

"Kayden, calm down." Caleb came up behind me as my anxiety caused my breathing to pick up. I looked at him in the mirror. His grey eyes bored into mine. "I know what you're thinking, Kayden. But Paxton is your mate. You could be bald and wearing a paper bag and he would still think you were beautiful. You look great, K. Don't let anyone tell you differently." He smiled.

I smiled nervously at him. "You look good, too." And he did. His jacket and pants were black and he had a white dress shirt on with a dark green bow tie. His hair was slicked to the side, leaving his piercing grey eyes completely visible.

"Thanks." He smiled. "Now, it's time for us to go. Paxton and Kieran are waiting for us."

I nodded and took a shaky breath before following Caleb out of my bedroom and down the stairs. Paxton and Kieran were waiting in the living room with Addy and Gavin, Paxton's parents, Connor, and Kieran's dad.

As Caleb and I walked into the living room, Paxton turned to us and as soon as Paxton made eye contact with me, the smile slid off his face and his mouth dropped open. I fidgeted as Paxton just stood there, looking me up and down, no other emotions on his face.

As my nervousness spiked, Kieran nudged him harshly, breaking him out of his reverie.

"You-" His voice cracked. "You look... amazing, beautiful." Paxton said as he got his voice under control.

I blushed bright red and looks at my shoes to hide it. Suddenly, Paxton was in front of me, pushing my chin up so I would look him in the eyes.

"Don't hide your face. I want to see you." He whispered.

I looked him in the eyes and smiled back at him.

After our little moment, the group in our living room headed outside to take pictures.

Addy and Paxton's mom, Jade, took pictures with different combinations of people in different poses.

While Paxton and I had breaks we stood together and joked and talked. And when the mothers were finally done taking pictures, Paxton, Kieran, Caleb, and I all hopped in the limo we rented and headed off.

*******

[Sexual Content]

"You ready to leave, babe?" I lifted my head from where I had laid it in my arms and faced Paxton.

"Yeah, okay." I responded and took his outstretched hand.

The prom was amazing. Paxton, Kieran, Caleb, and I danced and ate and laughed. It was the best night of my life. And it was going to get better. Tonight we were going to complete the mating.