𝗜𝗩 - 𝗩𝗲𝗻𝗶 𝗩𝗲𝗱𝗶 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝗶

Looking over at the clock, it read 11:32pm, the moonlight entering your room as the neon lit city of Akihabara danced with near-midnight life. Sometimes, you could hear the occasional honking of a passing vehicle or the rattling and rumbling of a train speeding by the city.

But, none of those intrusive noises kept you awake and staring at the rather bland, uninteresting shades on the ceiling; tomorrow is what kept you woke, the U.A. Entrance Exams. Sure, you weren't interested in even attending the school in the first place, but the constant beeping of your phone from Baek-Hyun and Seon-Ok blowing it up and pushing you to do it made you anxious. You could bite the bullet, but what would you do if you even got in? Hell, half the people that would be attending wouldn't even be a 'true hero' in the loose definition.

Taking a shallow breath, you rolled over and looked at your phone charging on the nightstand along with your wallet and the housekeys. Perhaps fate would decide? Reaching out, you opened your wallet and pulled out a measly ten-yen brass coin, the hole in the middle looking like a gateway.

Gulping anxiously, you finally flipped the coin, it's shimmer dancing in the moonlight before you caught it mid-air and slapped it down on the back of your palm.

"Heads." You murmured, that would be your way out, your way to avoid even going to the exam.

Shuttering, you remove your hand and see the circular kanji peering back up at you; it was the back, it was tails. Dropping the coin onto the carpeted floor, you took a deep breath and rolled over; fate decided you were going to go to that exam, and you would be the best in the entire joint.

= = = = = = = NEXT MORNING; U.A. HEROICS ACADEMY = = = = = = =

Standing still, you looked upwards at the imposing stronghold that was U.A. Sure, you've seen images of it before online, but seeing it in-person was a whole other beast in it's own right. Suddenly, a pressure was put upon your shoulder and you instinctively pivoted and got into a simple fighting stance while a familiar orange-haired girl looked bewildered for a moment until she cracked up!

"Goddamn it, don't sneak up on me Kendo." You spoke with exasperation.

"Sorry, sorry! Didn't know you were that jumpy! Are you alright, though? You got bags under your eyes." Kendo apologized before pointing out the obvious gray bags underneath your eyes.

"Anxiety, don't worry though." You respond, rubbing the nape of your neck as Kendo and you walk side-by-side in silence, eve pointing out what looks like some green-haired boy having a panic attack because of some cinnamon-haired girl with big blushes on her cheeks. Walking by, you entered a massive hall that reminded you of those college lecture hall pictures quite well. Taking a couple strides, you sat in one of the farther seats while Kendo look at you and waved a goodbye, going down closer to the middle-front rows.

Suddenly, the lights at the upfront stage began to fizzle on and the large blue background with the U.A. symbol appeared on the large screen. By the podium, a lanky gentleman with goldenrod hair some absolutely bizarre hair. Most of his body was draped in black leather with a flared collar and what looked like reflective sunglasses.

"What's up, U.A. candidates? Thanks for tunin' into me, your school DJ! C'mon. And lemme hear ya!" Silence followed making him drop the ecstatic personality and speak awkwardly into the microphone. "Keeping it mellow, huh? That's fine, I'll skip straight to the main show. Let's talk about how this practical exam is gonna go down, 'kay?"

You heard some murmuring from fellow would-be students about the heroes name, apparently he was some popular radio star in Japan called "Present Mic." With a name like that, you deduced his quirk had to be audio-based, but the murmuring ceased as he told the auditorium to shut it which you smirked at.