𝗫 - 𝗨𝗻𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀

Hey, everyone! I wanted to at least mention that - yes - one of the characters in this chapter has a quirk that isn't explained as of yet. It is strong and might be confusing. If you read anything and have a suggestion on to clarify what's happening, let me know and I'll drop an edit in and hopefully it'll clear things up. I'm against the whole "allow me to explain everyone about my powers as I monologue" schtick lots of shonen do and wanted to stay away from it if possible.

Also, remember that mention of not caring about human life and stuff? Yeah, that's coming back with some brutality. Just mentioning that since I know someone'll be befuddled at this. I got something really important at the bottom of this, though! So, please check it out!

Also, y'know, "no beta we die like my hopes and dreams". I don't have someone to proofread so, yeah, my bad if something is confusing or bad.

=====================

Cities around the world know that the hustle-and-bustle never ceases, let alone in the neon-lit metropolis known as Akihabara. Taking a bite of the chicken piece in the ramen, you continued to look out the window as the pitter-patter of the rare drizzle outside of the wet season. Even with the silence, the empyrean frame of Orochi sat across; naked to the eye of those who he didn't allow to see.

Using the chopsticks he held to take another piece of an ethereal roll of sushi, Orochi looked up with a raised eyebrow. "You look discontent." He commented while pointing the roll at you.

Humming while turning your head, you shrugged while taking another bite of the chicken in the ramen before looking back out. "Just worried. I guess."

With his free hand, Orochi grabbed the hem of the wispy scarf and pulled it down to reveal his mouth which seemed to irritate Taiyo and Tsuki. "About?" He asked while eating the roll and going back for another.

Still watching the rainfall, you turned back to the ramen and started drinking the broth. "Just the whole rescue training outage at that complex Aizawa-Nim mentioned." You said while finally making eye contact with the spirit. Some of the people around did give you some odd looks, but in a society wherein quirks were far and varied, it wasn't difficult to assume one would have a nonvisible one.

Orochi blinked twice before pointing the chopsticks at you while asking a question. "Universal Studios Japan?" He inquired while you groaned.

"I don't need Dad-Jokes right now. It's an on-campus training facility. Kendo told me she did it earlier this week and it was fun, but, y'know." You elaborated while gesturing to yourself before making eye contact with Orochi. Wordlessly, he nodded before doing what a spirit his age could do to comfort.

With a deep breath, he leaned forwards. "I know I don't say this a lot, but I can promise that you're capable. Yes, we train in combat foremost, but you're intelligent. I simply want to watch you grow and input when I can. You must take what I taught you and apply it elsewhere." It was odd to hear those words escape his mouth, yet Orochi had said all that. Blinking twice, you just smiled and looked back outside while mouthing a quiet thank-you, albeit in Korean rather than Japanese.

It was odd how far you came. Years ago you dreamed witlessly about the life of a professional hero, yet as you matured the dream faded into the background as the general disdain for heroes much like Burnout. Now you're in Japan attending the premiere heroics academy in Asia. Taking a deep breath, you continued to sip and eat the ramen while conversing with Orochi until the clouds faded and the twinkling of the few stars peered through the night.

Stepping outside, you walked to the train station briskly while enjoying the scent of the rain.

Yet, even as the calming and sparse rain drizzled against the asphalt and concrete, not all was well. It could never be. . .