[5]

**Fable - May 19**

I brought my knees to my chest and breathed as quietly as I could. "Way to go, you IDIOT! You scared her!" I heard Winter screaming over the desk. I looked up at her with my eyebrow raised, I thought for sure it was my father. "It's okay Fable, it's just Daxton." That was even worse. That means he heard what I said, I could feel my face heat up in embarrassment.

"Daxton, come around. She's embarrassed." I heard Winter expose me. I shoved my head in between my knees. I could smell the best smell in the world, better than pizza, enveloping my senses. Cinnamon and sandalwood. I felt a shock on my bare knee. But I let it stay there. "I'm sorry kitten. I didn't mean to scare you." I shook my head. "Your sister is right. You are an idiot." I whispered it into my skin but he heard, I could hear the devil creeping into his voice. "Oh, I'm an idiot, am I? I didn't leave myself too exposed." I started raising my head wondering what in the world he was going on about. Then all of a sudden I felt two hands on my waist, tickling me. 

I started giggling as his fingers tickled my sides. I felt my cares melt away as the electricity shot up and down my body. "Winter help me!" I practically cackled trying to wrestle out of his grip. "Girl you are crazy if you think I'm directing him over to me." 

I started laughing so much I couldn't breathe. He stopped tickling me and pulled me out from under the desk. He sat down in my chair and left me on the floor at his feet. I didn't mind. I bowed my head and waited for my instructions. "Kitten, what are you doing?" I looked up at him in confusion, "Awaiting my instructions sir." I whispered. I looked back down, I hoped that was okay for me to say sir. He didn't give me the name to call him.

I felt my body being scooped up until I was sitting in someone's lap. I felt his thumb on my chin as he turned me to face him, "Please don't ever do that again. I don't know what kind of sick shit you had to go through but you are not some subservient slave. You are my equal. My mate. My Luna. Not a slave." I could feel the tears streaming down my face. I put my face on his shoulder and couldn't stop crying. 

I felt him stand up and carry me back to my hospital room. We sat in his chair and I just let it all out. He put his hand on my head and just whispered calming things into my ear. I don't want him to get attached to me. I have to leave before he gets hurt. I pulled myself back and looked at him in the eyes. He cupped my face and wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"Daxton, you can't get attached to me. I can't tell you now. But I'm not the one you want." He simply smiled at me, "I don't care who you are. Fable, I will protect you with all I am." I took this time to look at him. 

He wasn't tanned as you read as being hot and sexy. He was pale with beautiful pale blonde hair, like Winter's. It had a slight wave to it. His lips were full and peachy pink. His eyes were shaped like almonds but held the most beautiful violet eyes I have ever seen. They had the slightest flakes of blue but the purple was so vibrant and captivating. His chin held the same cleft in it that mine had. He had some stubble along his jaw that trailed up above and under his lips.

Do I tell him who I am? I wanted to hide it from him. Can I hide my inner turmoil? I have too. I don't have a choice. "Daxton. Just don't get attached to me. Please." I know that I am not meant to be here for long. "Fable. We are mates, please don't fight me. I have been looking for you for years. Whatever your past, I promise my love for you will never change or falter." He brushed my hair behind my ear. I got off of his lap, standing on my own two feet. 

"Daxton, my past isn't what you think it is. Please just for your safety....let me go." I pleaded to him. I saw many emotions flashing through his eyes, with sadness being prevalent. I was going to further my point, I need to push him away. But my head was splitting.