[8]

**Fable - May 21st**

**Later That Night**

I fluttered my eyes awake, the room was pitch black. The curtains were taut over the windows and no sign of light underneath the door. Either it's late or Daxton is making sure everyone is avoiding me.

I walk over to the things Winter brought me and pick out random clothes. I slump over to the shower and turn it to the warm water. I strip my raw skin of the painful, tight fabrics and throw them into the provided hamper. I ran my hands over my face to attempt to wipe the sleep from my face, of course, it didn't work.

I step into the shower and hiss at the warm water hitting my skin. I quickly scrub my hair with my shampoo and conditioner. Followed by softly scrubbing my skin with my body wash. As painful as it was, this was necessary. I winced, my cuts screaming in protest the more I scrubbed. I rinsed my skin off as soon as I finished and practically ran out of the shower. I turned off the water and wrapped myself in a towel.

I quickly got dressed in the clothes I had grabbed, a lavender V-neck t-shirt and black joggers. Cute, I suppose.

I started downstairs so that I could quietly grab some food and head back to my room when a sudden thud caught my ear. I followed the sound and noticed it came from a large oak door detailed with leaves and wolves, Daxton's office. I adjusted my head towards the wall so that my presence would hopefully not be known.

"What are we going to do about those rogues that your so-called Mate brought here?!" The voice was all too familiar, I heard him outside my room often before Daxton arrived. Calling me every name in the book.

"We are going to welcome them with open arms. You saw how protective she was of them, they must mean something to her and I will do anything to make her happy." Daxton's normally warm voice was cold but stern. He has to be saying that to only get information out of me. By now he has to have figured out who I am.

"How are they doing Raydon?" How many people are talking about me behind my back? "The two we believed to be weaker are recovering nicely. However, the red wolf is still not doing well. Before she passed out, she only asked for 'Achlys' but refused to tell us what that is."

Goddammit. She is going to get me caught. I better check on her. "Can you guys let Fable in, please? I suspect she would like to be part of the conversation by now." I heard Daxton's voice behind the door, much warmer than before. I heard heavy footsteps bounding towards the door but all I could do was recoil. As they reached the door I was already around the corner and starting towards the steps.

"Fable, you can join the conversation now, just knock when you want in." I heard Raydon shout down the hall. I smirked a little, at least he wasn't trying to hide stuff from me.

I start towards the pack hospital. I need to see Ms. Moon.

**30 minutes later**

I walk into the hospital to see Winter sitting at the front desk. "Hey Winter, any chance you know where Red Wolf Jane Doe is?" She looks almost confused before it registers in her mind, "Yes I do, but she only wants to see one person, someone named Achlys." I nod my head in understanding. "I'd like to take my chances." She huffs out a breath she didn't even know she was holding and starts toward her room.