Chapter 2

-Nico-

School was even worse today. Rachel was off sick, Connor and Travis were on a field trip, and Clarisse, Silena and Will were all in isolation as they had a whole day of exams. So, that left me alone.

All. Day. Long.

I don't even know how I lasted. I think it was just the plain fact that I would be home soon and free to do as I pleased, or the fact that I wasn't disturbed at all. Nobody really talked to me unless my friends were there, I was just that weird fanboy after all. I didn't mind though.

Finally I got to go home, not bothering to wait for the others to return and meet in our usually spot. I sent them all a text on our group chat.

to: squad

ghostking: going home guys, don't wait up

r.e.d: kk, see ya tomorrow neeks xx

ghostking: see ya x

I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket, climbing onto the bus and taking a window seat. It seemed music and daydreaming about the next episode of Supernatural passed time rather easily, as I found himself getting off at my stop and walking home.

It didn't take that long of a walk to our house. It was just me and my dad now, as my mom and sister, Maria and Bianca, had died in a car crash when I was around five years old. Then my Dad took me in to live with him, and the next eleven years of my life were spent here. It was quite lavish, as my Dad owned this huge company that was - apparently - worth millions.

"Dad, I'm home!" I yelled as I walked into the hall. I kicked off my shoes and wriggled my toes around, glad that I could finally relax.

"Hey, Nico. Good day at school?" My dad asked from the kitchen, where he was most probably making dinner. Something Italian, no doubt. That's where I was born, after all. My mother was Italian and my father Greek, so they taught me their native tongues, which I can now speak fluently.

I shrugged as my dad came into the hall, wiping his hands on his jeans. "Yeah, I guess. None of my friends were in today, though. They were all busy."

Dad came over and ruffled my hair. "That's not that bad, Nico. You just need to branch out a little more, not go on that technology of yours all the time."

I grinned and pushed his hand away playfully. "Yeah, okay, I'll do that when Will stops using 'doctor's orders' as his reason for everything."

Dad shook his head, laughing. "Did you just sass your father, mister?"

I smirked and walked into the living room before calling over my shoulder, "Figure it out yourself, old man."

I heard my Dad's laughter grow before he went back to tending to the dinner once more. I pulled my laptop - which had resided on the couch all day, on charge - onto my lap, typing in my passcode and logging into tumblr.

Finally, I could actually have a bit of peace and quiet.

Putting in my headphones and playing some Fall Out Boy, I scrolled through my dashboard, following back anybody who'd recently followed me. I read some follower recommended fanfics, leaving comments and liking as many posts as I could. I didn't want to say I was quite tumblr famous, but I did have a fair share of followers.

I was about to load up archive of our own when I noticed a notification had come through my activity tab. I clicked on it and saw a message.

seaprince: hi @ghostking

I rose my eyebrows. Who's seaprince? I clicked on the URL and scrolled down their profile, noticing they'd only been on tumblr a few months. Aw, a greenie. Cute.

I found out they were a boy a little older than me who lived in New York, who's name was Percy Jackson. He was in most of the same fandoms as me, and he looked actually pretty cool.

ghostking: hey @seaprince

I smiled to myself as I pressed send. Who knows, maybe I'll have a new internet friend. To my surprise, he messaged back almost immediately.

seaprince: what's up? @ghostking

ghostking: nothing much. same as always really, blogging, listening to music. you? @seaprince

I didn't know where all of this was coming from. I found it so easy to talk to this boy that I barley knew at all. It was strange, I felt as though I'd known him my whole life.

seaprince: same as you really, nothing exciting xD @ghostking

I decided to take this to PM. I didn't want everybody else - aka my friends - being able to see the conversation, so private message was the next best thing.

to: seaprince

ghostking: hey, wanna talk on here? that way the conversation won't be public xD

seaprince: yeah, that'd probably be better xD

ghostking: so, my name's nico, what's your's?

seaprince: perseus, but please don't call me that, i really just go by percy xD

ghostking: okay, percy it is xD you're in NYC, right?

seaprince: right, you're in San Francisco?

ghostking: right, three hours behind you guys :( what time is it over there?

seaprince: almost eleven xD

ghostking: go to sleep!! i'll let you get some rest, we can talk more in the morning :)

seaprince: okay, goodnight, nico :)

ghostking: night, percy :)

I let my laptop go to sleep as I replayed Percy and I's conversation over and over. It was odd, this was the boy I was yet to even know the favourite colour of, and yet I was here, thinking about our only conversation up to now. What was wrong with me?

-

After dinner, I said goodnight to my dad early and lay in bed, thinking about what tomorrow may bring.

A good day at school, maybe? A shot at getting an actual boyfriend? Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention, I'm gay. Out of the closest too. My dad took it surprisingly well.

I may even get a conversation with Percy if I'm lucky. He seemed so far away, yet so close as the same time. You know that feeling of when you first meet a random stranger and start talking to them, and you feel as though you could tell them your whole life story, your deepest, darkest secrets? Yeah, that was what I felt at the moment.

And soon, I got an early night, as I fell asleep with thoughts of seaprince lingering on my mind.

-

HEY MY LIL BLUE COOKIES ITS ELLA HERE

IM SO SORRY THIS IS REALLY LATE BUT eXaMs

MOST OF YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY OFF FOR THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS BUT WHERE I AM OUR SCHOOL GETS OFF ON THE 11TH JULY CRI FOR ME

BUT ANYWAYS, HERES YOUR REALLY LATE UPDATE

THOUGHTS?

LOL OKAY THATS ALL BYEE ILYSM <333

-Ella xx