Chapter 7

-Percy-

Oh my god, Nico's voice is my new aesthetic. It's literally my favourite thing in the world.

It's just so...Italian, blended perfectly with American. Beautifully centre between deep and high.

Honestly, if I had Nico to sing me to sleep each night instead of writing me gay porn, I think life would be perfect.

Then again, I'm not complaining about the porn.

He got me curious, okay? You can't blame me for being curious! I mean, I didn't expect to see actual porn in the tag on tumblr, but whatever. 

I mean, I'm straight, right? Annabeth (although she's been weirdly distant lately) is my girlfriend. My beautiful, amazing girlfriend. I just got curious, that's it.

I gotta admit, gay relationships are cute as fuck. Johnlock and Destiel, I'm coming for you.

There was also this tag about 'The Maze Runner', a book centred around this dude Thomas and a maze. I saw the gay ships for that, and I saw there was one between him and this guy named Newt. I fell for that ship hard, so I had to tell Nico about it.

to: nico
p: NICO
p: NICO PLS
p: NICO HAVE YOU HEARD OF NEWTMAS
p: FROM THAT MAZE RUNNER BOOK SERIES
n: oh yeah, ive heard of that ship
n: not that it's my oTP OR ANYTHING GODDAMMIT PERCY WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU KNEW WHAT IT WAS EARLIER
p: ITS SO CUTE OMYGOD I LOVE IT SM IM SCREAMING
n: IM CRYING I CANT BELIEVE YOU KNOW IM SO HAPPY WE CAN FANBOY TOGETHER
p: OMG YES NO BUT HAVE YOU READ THOSE FANFICS
n: HELL YEAH I HAVE

And so we went on for about two hours ranting about how perfect Newtmas was. So, despite my dyslexia, I went and did something completely out of my comfort zone.

I went and bought the first book.

I know what you're all thinking. '*gasp* OH MY GOD, PERCY JACKSON IS READING?'

Yeah, yeah. Hey, if I wanna ship Newtmas the right way I'm gonna be in the fandom.

I'd gotten to the third chapter when Mom knocked on my door.

"Percy, sweetie? Why's everything so quiet?" She asked as she popped her head in the door. Her eyes landed on the book in my hands, and she looked at me in disbelief. "You're reading?"

I smiled sheepishly and marked my page, setting the book on my bedside table. "Yeah, Nico recommended it."

Mom looked impressed as she rested her hand on her hip. "Nico?"

I looked down at my lap with a smile. "This boy I met online."

Mom whistled. My cheeks flushed. "Wow, honey, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were whipped. Taking reading requests with your dyslexia, from a boy you met online? Oh, sweetie, I'm so proud of you."

"Mom!" I exclaimed in embarrassment as she chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Just stating the facts, baby." Mom grinned. "Hey, Paul and I are going out for dinner, wanna come?"

"Nah, I'll pass." I reached for my phone and plugged in the charger.

Mom frowned, but then sighed and nodded. "Okay, there's money on the counter for pizza. Hey, why don't you invite Nico around?" Mom raised an eyebrow in amusement.