Chapter 36 - Final

-Percy-

The Internet. It's almost as dangerous as real life, when you think about it. It has the same dangers, the same safeties, but you can be as painstakingly far or tantalisingly close to the person you're talking to and you may not ever know.

However, there is also the fact that the ones who love you will always be there when you need them. Just a text, call or video chat away. There will always be that upside, no matter the situation.

There hasn't been a moment my heart stopped hurting since I waved Nico off at the airport. But never have I ever felt it beat as strong as when it did as I let him enter my life.

Nico di Angelo was many things. A dick, mostly, with massive hints of narcissism and sarcasm. He was my opposite, and he was dark, so dark that whenever I tried to peer into his head all I could see was the pitch black emptiness. I could never figure him out.

But most of all, Nico di Angelo was an ocean, full of depth and secrets and mysteries I couldn't wait to solve. He wasn't just any old ocean, either, he was definitely a saltwater ocean, seeing as he's so fucking salty about everything. Especially about the fact that the price of poptarts have gone up by fifty cents.

With that being said, though, he was one saltwater ocean I was desperate to let draw the blood from my lungs and drown me. Because he was incredible. All it took was one look from him, one brooding smirk, and it caused my insides to rupture and my mouth to go as dry as the Sahara desert. A stark contrast to an ocean, which is, well, not dry. See what I mean about us two being opposites?

I don't care that Nico and I met over the Internet. It doesn't invalidate our relationship in the slightest. At the end of the day, we still met. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Listen here, reader. Don't let anyone tell you that your online relationships aren't real relationships just because they're online. Never settle for an adult questioning whether or not your best friend is really your best friend, just because you guys haven't met in person. Never settle for your friends laughing because your significant other lives in another place. You deserve better, much better than that.

So, I guess this is the end. It's been an insanely weird ride, hasn't it? One second we were strangers, and now you know the entire story of how Nico and I met.

It's crazy, but then again, the Internet will be the Internet.

-

so

was that the end of my second ever full length fanfiction? it sure was

is ella tearing up or is she just sweating from her eyes? obviously the second option pft who do you think i am

wow!! okay!! cool, i'm fine, i'm cool, it's cool

okay

what now?

being honest?? i don't know??

um, okay, let's go from first things first

which story do you want to see finished next: lost boy, vision of eternity or radioactive?

i honestly don't mind which one it is tbh i have plans for all of them ;)

i might take a few weeks off though to sort of get my bearings again, i'm going to mexico on the 22nd of october to the 4th of november so maybe i'll just do some leisurely writing then and see what comes from it

so?? is this goodbye??

sadly, yes

but before i go, i just want to thank you guys all so much. this book was originally born from me needing to uexpress my emotions from being in an online relationship myself, but as it progressed, events happened and feelings changed, it grew into more of a book for you guys, to you guys. so, my beautiful babes, this book is dedicated to you, from me <3

alright!! finally, to everyone ever who read and supported this book, i will forever be thankful <3

au revoir and bonsoir, i love you <3

-Ella xx