Chapter 33: Part Two

-Omniscient-

"That's the first thing you say to me?"

"Yes. Do you realise how worried I got? I thought you died, di Angelo, died." Percy pouted. Nico felt his heart beat faster. He loved the way his second name sounded on Percy's tongue.

"I'm sorry, baby, I wanted to keep this a surprise," Nico smiled apologetically and leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to Percy's neck and pulling him impossibly closer. "I knew I'd end up giving in and telling you if you asked nicely."

Percy practically melted, between Nico's irresistible words and his lips; God, his lips, Percy wanted Nico's lips everywhere. They were so soft, so tender- Percy didn't know whether or not he was supposed to be worried that his first thought after that realisation stuck was he wanted to see just how not soft and tender those lips could get.

"It's okay," Percy breathed. He was tall enough to see over Nico's shoulder, and he turned pink when he saw Annabeth, Frank, Hazel, Jason, Piper and Leo as well as two other guys Percy didn't recognise all eyeing them up. Some were smirking, some were grinning, some mocking fake disgust and others smiling giddily. They knew. They were in on this.

Percy pulled away and felt his core tremble as he met Nico's eyes again. Nico felt the exact same magnetic pull, staring into the abyssopelagic blue of Percy's eyes.

"So, um," Percy looked down, his blush deepening as he wracked his brain for words, any words to say to this ethereal boy holding his waist.

Nico smirked. Percy flustered in real life, because of him, was officially the cutest thing Nico had ever seen. "How about introducing me to your friends?"

Percy blinked, and then eventually nodded. He took Nico's hand and held it tight, afraid that if he let go he wouldn't be there. And even though he hadn't been expecting this...he couldn't picture graduation any other way.

Percy cleared his throat and avoided eye contact with any of his friends. "Uh, guys, this-this is Nico, um, my boyfriend."

"We know." Piper smiled slyly. "Nice to see you again, Nico."

"You too." Nico smirked.

"Again?" Percy's head whipped up and his nerves were gone. No stuttering for this guy. He stared at Nico accusingly, "You've-"

"Before I saw you," Nico chuckled and pressed his lips to Percy's temple. He couldn't stop kissing him. He wanted to worship everything this boy had. "I wouldn't come to New York and not see you."

Percy's bubbling saltiness subsided as he squeezed Nico's hand lightly. "I know, I know, don't worry, I'm not mad."

"Whatever you say." Nico smiled and turned back to Percy's friends. "I'm guessing I'll be seeing you all tonight?"

"Absolutely." Hazel grinned. "Have you asked him yet?"

"No. You just reminded me, actually." Nico winked at Hazel and reached into his pocket with his free hand; he pulled out a vanilla white boutonnière, holding it out for Percy to take. "Will you go to prom with me, Percy?"

Percy's jaw went slack. He took the boutonnière tentatively, his face lighting up as he realised Nico was actually serious. Not that he thought Nico would play him, but...it was more along the lines of it didn't feel real. "I would love to."

Then, after some more socialising, Nico had the absolute pleasure of going with Sally, Paul and Percy to their house. To where his boyfriend had grown up. Nico couldn't wait.

"Just a warning, my room might be messy, I don't tidy it a lot, and you might kinda see my underwear because I forgot to put it in the laundry basket this morning-"