Chapter 3

-Percy-

"Shut up, seaweed brain, I'm trying to think." Annabeth said, her eyebrows furrowing as we did our maths homework.

I sighed, twirling my pencil around in my fingers. I hated maths with a passion. It just didn't make any sense! It was even harder than English, which was pretty tough since I had dyslexia.

"I just don't get it! Algebra doesn't make any sense, wise girl. None of this torture does!" I exclaimed, causing Annabeth to roll her eyes.

"Man up, Percy. It's just a little question." Annabeth said. Yeah, easy for her to say. She was a straight A student, she got all of this mumbo jumbo.

"Yeah, a little question I can't do." I huffed, resting my head on her shoulder.

She ruffled my hair with a shake of her head. "C'mon, Perce, you can do this. I've known you for almost four years, and you've been my boyfriend for two of them. You're never one to back down from a challenge, just try this."

I groaned, the words and numbers on the page of homework swimming around, making it quite hard to actually focus. I screwed up my face in annoyance. "I can't do it, I give up! Old Dionysus is just gonna have to deal with it." I crossed my arms defiantly.

Annabeth sighed, putting her worksheet in her book and turning to look at me fully, resting her cheek on her fist. "You're impossible, Percy."

I grinned. "That's my speciality."

Annabeth sat up fully, looking at me with hard grey eyes. "No, I mean you're actually impossible," she sighed, rubbing her temples. "I don't know how I cope with you."

I pouted. "Aw, c'mon Annie, I really did try."

Annabeth sighed. "I know you did, that's all I can ask."

I leaned over and pressed a kiss to her forehead before taking out my history homework. If she wanted me to try, then I would. She's my girlfriend, I'll do anything for her. (A/N: this is physically hurting me to write oh my gosh help percico soon)

-

"I'd like a blue slushy please." I said to the old lady over the counter, handing her a $10 bill and taking the change she gave me. (A/N: guys pls help how much do slush's cost in america)

"Here you are, honey." She smiled, handing me my slush. I thanked her and left the shop, stirring around the sweet blue drink before using the little straw spoon thing to spoon it out and devour it. It was gone in less than five minutes.

I threw away the empty cup away continued my walk on home when my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was the beginning of December here in New York, and it had began to get quite cold. I grabbed my phone from the pocket - thankful it didn't slip out of my gloved hands and cracking on the pavement - and scanned my notifications.

A few texts from Jason ('bro what's the answers to the English homework' 'bro' 'help a bro out'), one from Annabeth ('percy you idiot you forgot your pencil case') and some Instagram likes, and surprisingly a Tumblr message, which I opened first.

from: ghostking

ghostking: hey percy :)

I smiled as I replied. Maybe he could really be my first Internet friend, he seems to wanna establish a good friendship.

seaprince: hi nico :p

ghostking: how are you?x

My heart stuttered involuntarily. He was...cute, for putting a kiss on the end. It made it seem like he was actually wondering how I was.

seaprince: i'm alright, you?x

ghostking: i'm okay, glad you're alright. school okay?x

seaprince: school's fine, still hate half the people there tho xD

ghostking: awh, i feel sorry for you xD what time is it over there?x

seaprince: just after 5, what about you?x

ghostking: little after 12 x

seaprince: does that mean you're texting in school? *gasp*

ghostking: ...maybe xD i'm really bored and my friends aren't including me atm, so i thought i'd talk to you :p

seaprince: i'm glad, i'm almost home and i don't have any brothers or sisters, so looks like you're all i have to talk to xD

ghostking: well, i'll do my best to entertain you xD

I smiled and put my phone into my pocket as I entered our building, grabbing our mail before beginning to climb the stairs. I grabbed my key from my pocket and unlocked our door as I got to the doorway, stepping inside and casting my bag aside.

"I'm home, mom!" I shouted as I walked into the living room. I flopped onto the couch and took out my phone again, typing out a reply to Nico.

seaprince: i'm home now, give it your best shot ;)

ghostking: winky face? really?

Sassy little bitch. I liked him already.

seaprince: duh, winky faces are the best. there aren't any smirking faces tho, they need to support the emoji one :(

ghostking: ikr!! it's not even fair, they should have that in the new update :(

seaprince: exactly!! ;A;

ghostking: they need that crying laughing one too, i can't keep using this xD all the time :(

seaprince: same :( wait, you have an iPhone too?x

ghostking: yeah, the black 5S. what one do you have?x

seaprince: the blue 5c, do you have iMessage?x

ghostking: yep x

seaprince: same, wanna talk on there instead?x

ghostking: sure, my emails nicodiangelo@gmail.com x

seaprince: okie dokie, don't be alarmed if a text from percyjackson@hotmail.com x

I don't know why, but I was internally squealing. Something about talking to Nico over text - even after a day of talking - was exciting me. It felt like I'd actually made a good friend, albeit over the Internet.

He may even be the one to help me through all of this. I hoped he was, as Annabeth or Jason or anybody else didn't seem to want to listen or help. Sure, they got me into therapy with Chiron, but that didn't help. I couldn't open up to him. But maybe I could to Nico.

new contact: nicodiangelo@gmail.com

save as: nico❤️

Don't ask about the heart. It's very necessary.

to: nico❤️
p: hey, it's percy x

-

HEY MY LIL BLUE COOKIES ITS ELLA HERE

this book is so painfully cute to write bc uGh they're so close yet so far away from each other and it makes me soB

MY EXAMS ARE OVER YES

SO WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?

LOL OKAY THATS ALL BYEEE ILYSM <333

-Ella xx