Chapter 31

-Nico-

"What colour is Percy's tie? You need to match. Then maybe you'll get prom king and king. And yes, that's a real thing. Times are changing, Nico, God, keep up-"

"Will, shut up." I said weakly. I felt sick.

"Woah," Will grinned, "you've gone green, man. Nervous?"

I shot him a glare that told him to stop talking. It's not like I'd throw up any minute if he kept talking.

I was currently browsing Beckett & Robb's for a suit. For prom. Percy's prom. And holy God, was I a wreck. I genuinely felt this was what getting married felt like, or coming home with your first baby. Fucking awful but fucking beautiful.

"Hey," Will's voice had gone softer. "Listen, Nico, it's gonna be fine. We can leave this until another time, you know?"

"No." I shook my head and swallows harshly. "We leave in six days, Will. Barely any time left at all, so let's just get this done with."

Will arched an eyebrow but nodded. "Alright. Do you know what colour Thanatos wanted?"

"Pink. Hazel's wearing pink and she asked him to go with her and her boyfriend." I replied as I picked up a green tie and a coral one.

Will pursed his lips. "Did he mention a shade of pink?"

I chuckled. "Just pink, Will."

Will rolled his eyes but smiled, walking around to where the pink ties were. I looked down to the ties in my hands, and put them back down to pick up a blue one. Would Percy be wearing blue? Probably, it's his favourite colour. So why not?

I put the blue tie in my basket and walked over to Will. "What are you going for?"

"Red. I'm matching with Leo." He said casually.

I rose an eyebrow. "Leo? Who's that?"

"The guy Percy kissed. He's pretty cool, he got in touch with me a few weeks ago to ask me to stop you from killing him at prom-"

"What?" I spluttered. "Percy? Kissed who?"

"Leo." Will droned. "When you two weren't talking, before you got together, after he and Annabeth broke up."

I was speechless. "How do you know his ex's name?"

"Leo tells me everything." Will smiled brightly. "I know about him and Jason, Frank and Hazel, Piper and Annabeth-"

"Woah, what? Annabeth's into girls?" I felt so out of the loop.

"Leo thinks so. But he saw them sneaking around at Piper's party a few weeks ago and put two and two together." Will talked as if it was nothing. Seriously, why does Percy tell me nothing? I tell him all of my drama!

"And...Leo," My voice had dropped to a growl. "Kissed Percy. My Percy?"

Will's smile resembled one of a Cheshire cat's. "Easy there, tiger. Possessive much?"

I straightened up. "No, no. I just...wanna be sure we've got the same Percy here."

Will dropped a pink tie into the basket and patted my chest. "Yes, we do. Now come on, I'm starving and Chick-fil-a has a meal deal on."

-

After getting Will his Chick-fil-a and dropping him back to his place, I got home at around 4:30. Both my dad and Thanatos were home, which was a change as Dad was usually at work and Thanatos was college hunting, so I went upstairs to put the suit in my wardrobe before changing into my pyjamas and offering to order a takeaway so we can all eat together instead of separately.

I'd only gotten as far as putting the blazer of the suit on a hanger when I heard a crash outside of my room, and my blood ran cold.

I dropped the blazer onto my bed and ran out to the hall. What I saw turned my mouth dry.

My dad was sprawled at the bottom of the stairs with Thanatos leaning over him, two fingers on his neck, checking for a pulse.

Thanatos looked up to me desperately. "Call an ambulance."

-

I stayed in the hospital waiting room for at least three hours. Pacing, waiting, thinking, hoping Dad hasn't hurt himself too bad.

"Nico, sit down," Thanatos said as he came back from the cafeteria with two coffees. He handed me one. "You look awful."

"I feel awful." I croaked out and put the coffee on the coffee table. Thanatos sat down.

"Hey, your phones buzzing here," He said, feeling around my jacket's pocket. He pulled it out and looked at the screen, then held it out. "It's your boyfriend."

I ran my hands through my hair and turned away. "Let it go to voicemail."

"Nico, he's called four times. And the texts before that are asking if you're okay because apparently Will told someone called Leo about what happened and Leo told him." I could hear the frown in Thanatos's voice.

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say. I felt as sick as I felt suit shopping this morning, but this was on a whole other level.

"Do you want me to call him?" Thanatos asked softly me. "I'll tell him you're okay, you don't have to speak."

My eyes watered. I turned around and gave him a slight nod, one hand over my mouth and the other slung across my stomach.

Thanatos nodded and stood up, rubbing my back gently as he walked to the window of the waiting room for better service. I held my breath as he called.

"Hey, is this Percy? Uh, this is Nico's brother." I exhaled. "Woah, hey, calm down, man, it's okay, Nico's okay. He's just a bit shaken up, that's all."

My hands were shaking. I knew they were, even though I wasn't looking at them. I could just feel them shake. By the way Thanatos was talking, slowly and surely, I knew Percy was frantic. 'Cause Thanatos was using the same voice I used whenever Percy got nervous about a swim meet, a test, or anything he thought it was worth getting anxious over.

"Nico?" I turned around at Doctor Solace's (or Apollo as I know him, being Will's dad) voice. I looked to Thanatos, silently asking him to stay with Percy, and he nodded. I looked back to Apollo.

"Yeah? Is my dad okay?" I asked.

"Well, he's got three cracked ribs and a bleed on his stomach," Apollo cracked a smile. "But he's gonna be fine. We're expecting a full recovery. You can see him now, if you like."

And that's when I crumbled.

-

yeet what a plot twist

guys ohmy actual fucking god why does listening to oli sykes (lead singer of bring me the horizon and also my husband/daddy) always remind me of nico i swear to fucking god i'm about to nut

ANYWAY

hey guys!! it's ella here, yet i doubt you believe it's actually me 'cause?? three updates in three days?? this doesn't add up

how are we all today?? did we pet a dog/cat/cute animal?? have we watched an episode of our favourite show?? have we taken care of ourselves today?? (that last ones extra important) ❤️

YEET IVE HAD SUCH A BUSY WEEKEND I WENT TO A WEDDING IN LONDON ON THURSDAY, TO A FAMILY FRIENDS HOUSE LAST NIGHT AND TODAY I WENT TO A CHRISTENING??? THIS AINT MY LIFE

lol okay dudes that's all from me, see you next chapter, i love you <3

-Ella xx