Part 5 ~We've got you now pt 2~ ~engwnt~

Tw: Mentions of suicide and self harm, self doubt.

Lucy's pov:
We got back to the main lobby and Leah and Sarina were just walking down, I assume to come and find us, they see us walking in and both give a sympathetic look.

Leah: Hey kiddo, I'm Leah, what's your name?
Y/n: I'm Y/n, and I know who you are, but thanks for introducing yourself just incase.
Leah: Oh so you like football I'm guessing.
Y/n: Yeah.
Ellen: As much as I love that you're smiling kiddo, shall we go somewhere else so it's not too overwhelming, because someone is bound to walk in.
Sarina: Yeah, we'll go to my office.

Still Lucy's pov:
We walked to Sarina's office and I could tell that Y/n wasn't very comfortable, she never let go of my hand, even when she was talking to Leah, so when we got there I tell the others to go in and squat down so I'm the same height as the young girl.

Lucy: What's up kiddo?
Y/n: I'm scared.
Lucy: What of darling? It's ok, no one will hurt you.
Y/n: They're going to ask questions though.
Lucy: You don't have to answer anything you don't want to ok? We just want to look after you.
Y/n: Ok.
Lucy: Come on then kiddo, you can keep hold of my hand if you'd like as well.
Y/n: Thank you.

We walk into the office and there's two seats next to each other free, I sit down and Y/n sits next to me, still holding my hand tight. She just looks to the ground and I can tell she's nervous so I rub my thumb over the back of her hand to let her know that I'm here for her.

Sarina: Right kiddo, we don't want to scare you or anything, we want to help you ok.
*Y/n nods*
Leah: Can we just ask where your parents are?
Y/n: I have no idea, I haven't seen them in just over a year.
Leah: Have you been on your own for that whole time?
Y/n: No I've only been without anywhere to live for just over a month. *looks down and starts to cry*
Lucy: *mouths* Just be careful with the questions please. *Leah nods*
Leah: Do you have any family that you can go to?
Y/n: No the last I heard, they all either live in Ireland or Australia.
Sarina: Well would you like us to call social services?
Y/n: *panicky* What no you can't, they'll find my parents and send me back there, I can't go back there. *runs out the room*
Lucy: Shit! *Runs after you*

back to Y/n's pov:
I can't let them send me back to my parents, I just can't. So I did the only thing I know how to do, I ran away, I'm just going to end it, I can get there before anyone catches up with me, I'm crying so much I can barely see but I know when I'm at the edge, I just feel it, but I can hear Lucy behind me, I don't listen to her shouting though, I finally do it, I just jump and when I hit the ground, everything goes quiet, finally.

Lucy's pov:
Shit, she can run really quickly, I know exactly where she's going and she's really close to the edge so I just shout at her to stop.

Lucy: Kiddo no don't do it, I'm here, I won't let them call them.

but I was too late, I was so close but she jumped before I could get a hold of her, she jumped and she just fell to the ground, I know how you get to the bottom safely so I move as quickly as my legs will take me to go and get someone to call an ambulance before me and Ellen run as fast as we can to the little girl, when we get there there is already paramedics there, they asked us how we knew the girl.

Paramedic: How do you two know this girl?
Lucy: She's staying with us while her parents can't look after her.
Paramedic: So you're like a foster family?
Ellen: Yes you could say that, is she going to be ok.
Paramedic: *the other paramedic puts you in the ambulance* She should be fine but we have to take her to hospital, you can both come in the back of the ambulance if you would like.
Ellen&Lucy: Yes please.
Lucy: What's wrong with her?
Paramedic: Well obviously having a fall like that would injure anyone but especially someone as small as her, she has severe concussion but should wake up in a bit, there shouldn't be too many long term complications, we also believe she has an eating disorder as well as there are many cuts all up both of her arms and legs.
Lucy: Oh, but she'll be ok?
Paramedic: Yes, once she has woken up she'll have to have at least a bit to eat and then she should be good to go home.
Ellen: Thank you

Still Lucy's pov:
I can't describe how happy I am that Y/n is ok, I know I haven't even known her for a day but I want to protect her and make sure she's ok. We just got to the hospital and we are rushed into a private room, after Y/n has been for scans to check for damage to her brain.

Doctor: Ok thank you for staying so calm, there is no serious damage to Y/n's brain, she will be fine after a few days of rest.
Lucy: Thank you so much, do you know when she'll wake up?
Doctor: It could be any time, can one of you come and find me when she does?
Ellen: Of course, and again thank you so much.
Doctor: Of course *leaves the room*
Lucy: I can't believe how close that we were to loosing her.
Ellen: I know, what are we going to do though, she won't go back to her parents but we can't let her live on the streets any more.
Lucy: Well we can ask Sarina if she can stay with us until camp is over and then we can sort something from there.
Ellen: Ok let's call Sarina now.
*On the phone*
Sarina: Hello Ellen, what's happened is she ok? *very concerned*
Ellen: She's going to be ok! But we have a question to ask you.
Sarina: Of course what is it?
Ellen: Can she stay at camp with us?
Sarina: Of course she can, have they said what's wrong.
Ellen: Just a concussion, no severe damage to the brain luckily, they think she fell in a certain way that caused the least damage.
Sarina: Well that is great news, I'm sorry if I asked too many questions earlier.
Ellen: It's ok, *lucy pokes her head out the room and says*
Lucy: She's waking up.
Ellen: I've got to go Sarina, she's waking up, I'll see you later.
Sarina: Ok both of you take as long as you need.
Ellen: Thank you *hangs up* kiddo, you're awake.
Y/n: *Really quiet* Hey
Lucy: You gave us a real scare kiddo.
Ellen: Right I'll go let the doctor know you're awake, love you kiddo.
Y/n: *crying* Why couldn't it just work.
Lucy: *Rushes to your side and hugs you* Because it shows it's not your time to leave yet, and don't worry, you will never have to go back to your parents, but can I ask something?
Y/n: Of course what's up?
Lucy: Did they abuse you?
Y/n: If I tell you the truth, can you not tell anyone?
Lucy: Of course.
Y/n: Well then yes they did, when they found out I like girls it got a lot worse.
Lucy: *holds you tight* it's ok, no one will ever hurt you again, I've got you darling.
Y/n: Thank you.

A/n: Hope you enjoy. part 3? :)