Part 13 ~I can't believe this~ ~Kyra Cooney-Cross~

Me and Kyra have known each other for as long as I can remember but we've been friends since the start of senior school. We have both played football since we were little so we've kind of been on a journey together, I had had a crush on her since we were about 16 but I didn't want to say anything to her because I knew I needed her in my life and if that could only be as a friend then that is what I would settle for, it made it hard when I left Australia before her and moved to England after I got an offer from arsenal, it was always both of our dreams to play for arsenal since we were little but I did feel quite guilty about leaving her behind and although we saw each other for international it wasn't the same, considering we had spent most of our childhood seeing each other everyday, but we tried our best to still talk every day, most days calling but on days we had busy schedules we would just text. But yesterday was a great day, so you see I've just signed a new contract with arsenal and I travelled back home for the upcoming world cup, which meant that I got to see Kyra for the first time in what feels like forever, and of course she is the one waiting for me at the airport when I land.

Kyra: I've missed you so much!
Y/n: I've missed you too Ky.
Kyra: Look this is going to be a bit of a shock but I need to tell you something when we get to camp.
Y/n: Ky is everything ok?
Kyra: Of course y/nickname, there's just something that I can't hide from you any more.

Kyra helps me get my stuff in the car and then she drives us to camp, I could've come a day earlier with Caitlin Foord and Steph Catley, my arsenal and Tillies teammates but I had to sign a new contract before the world cup so came a day later. We get to camp and we go straight up to our room because Kyra's stuff is already up there as everyone else arrived earlier or yesterday.

Y/n: So Ky, what do you have to tell me?
Kyra: Well there's two things.
Y/n: Don't be scared, you know I'll always be there for you.
Kyra: Well I know we've known each other for the most of our lives and I know that this may come as a bit of a shock but I'm just going to come out with it, I like you as more than a friend and I can't hide it any longer, I understand if you never want to speak to me again but I just had to tell you.
Y/n: Ky shush, stop panicking.
Kyra: But I just told you I liked you.
Y/n: Yeah and if you'd shut up for a minute I could tell you I feel the same way back.
Kyra: Really? I don't believe it.
Y/n: How could I not, now come here you *hugs Kyra tight and kisses  her on the head* I have liked you for so long.
Kyra: I can't believe I'm getting to ask this but will you be my girlfriend?
Y/n: Of course I will gorgeous. Now what was the second thing?
Kyra: I may or may not be signing for arsenal after the world cup.
Y/n: Oh my god really? This is amazing.
Kyra: I'm so glad this went so well.

Just then there's a knock on the door, Kyra removes herself from my lap and goes to open it. It turns out it's Macca and Steph telling us we need to go down to dinner. They say they'll see us down there and then Kyra comes back to put her shoes on.

Kyra: Would you mind if we kept us kind of a secret for now? My family aren't exactly supportive of this are they?
Y/n: Of course darling, we'll tell people when you are ready, you know that the girls won't judge it though.
Kyra: I know, maybe we can tell Stephy, Caity and Macca.
Y/n: Whatever you are comfortable with baby, now come on let's go down and get something to eat.

We walk downstairs and most people are already in there, we walk over to the table with Caitlin, Steph and Macca on. We get our food and return to the table, joining in on the conversation which is already going on.

Macca: No way, neither Cait or
Y/nickname can ever score past me.
Caitlin: Just wait for training tomorrow right Y/n?
Y/n: Oh yeah Macca you're gonna regret being so cocky.
Macca: If you say so.
Kyra: Right children, do you three want to come watch a film in mine and Y/n's room after we've eaten?
Macca: Yeah, but Ky you can't call us children, you're the youngest here.
Steph: I'm up for it.
Caitlin: I'm in.
Kyra: Ok good, we have something we need to tell you.
Caitlin: Ok we'll see you in a bit then.

We all walk back up to our rooms and me and Kyra shut the door and she is straight away so close to me and she has her arms around my waist.

Y/n: Jump
Kyra: What?
Y/n: Just trust me baby.
*Kyra jumps up and you hold her legs around your waist, carrying her over to one of the beds.*
Y/n: There we go, now you can get comfortable, come here. Are you sure you want to tell the girls, there's no pressure.
Kyra: No I want to, I think telling a few of the girls will help me feel more comfortable and accept myself more.
Y/n: Well done, it's a big step and I'm proud of you.

There's a knock on the door so I remove myself from Kyra, giving her a kiss as I walk past her, opening the door to be greeted by our three closest friends. I invite them in and I see that Kyra hasn't moved from where she was when I got up.

Kyra: Hey guys.
Macca: Hey Ky, so what did you two have to tell us.
Kyra: So me and Y/n are kind of together.
Caitlin: How many times did I tell you that she liked you back
Y/nickname?
Y/n: Well done Caity, you were right.

Kyra's pov:
I'm so glad telling the girls went well, they mean so much to both me and Y/n and now we can be happy together and hopefully one day I'll have the courage to tell the whole world, but for now, it can be a little secret.

A/n: Enjoy, give me some suggestions of which players to do, thanks for reading as usual.