Part 9 ~I'll still love you no matter what~ ~Ingrid Engen~

Readers pov:
Today is a day that I should be excited, maybe a bit nervous, for. Today is the day that I'm going to be leading England out on to the pitch for our euros quarter final. The only problem is that we are playing Norway and that means playing the one person that I would never have wanted to have to play against, my girlfriend, Ingrid. Of course I would love to win and to get us through to the semis but and the same time there is a part of me that will feel very sorry for Ingrid if we do knock her and her teammates out of the competition. Before we both need to leave this morning to get on our respective coaches and to make our way to the stadium, we both agreed to have a chat, I think it was just because she could tell that I was worried about how it would affect the one of us who loses today.

*on the phone to Ingrid*
Ingrid: Hey baby, how you feeling this morning?
Y/n: Not great.
Ingrid: Why not baby? You should be excited.
Y/n: I am don't get me wrong, but I'm also very worried.
Ingrid: What are you worried about?
Y/n: Us, what's going to happen after, because at the end of this, for one of us, our dream is going to be over.
Ingrid: Yes that's true, but I know that if you win, which you won't *chuckles*, no seriously if you win then I will be extremely proud of you and will support you all the way, I promise you, after today nothing will change between us and I will still love you just as much. Are you saying that you won't love me as much?
Y/n: No of course I'll still love you as much babe, how could I not?
Ingrid: Then there is nothing to worry about baby, I'm sorry I have to go now, I'll see you later.
Y/n: Love you babe. Bye.
*end of call*

After being on the phone with Ingrid I look at my phone and realise I need to leave now because I have a meeting with Sarina because I'm the captain, I still don't really know why Sarina picked me to be captain of this tournament but I am extremely grateful and honoured that she did pick me. I just get to her office in time and knock on the door, waiting to be told to come in, when I am, I sit down opposite Sarina ready for her to start talking.

Sarina: Hello Y/n, how are you this morning?
Y/n: Ready to go and to make my country and more importantly, you, proud.
Sarina: And that mentality is why you are captain of this team, but in this meeting we need to go over the fact that this is now knockout football and it is vital we win today.
Y/n: Of course Sarina, and I will give it my all on the pitch as I know all the girls that play will.
Sarina: Thank you, so as usual, here is the line up, Mary in goal, then in defence we're going to have, Leah, Lucy, Millie and Rach, Midfield is going to be Ke, G and Ella and then upfront is going to be you Beth and Ellen.
Y/n: Amazing as always, I just wanted to say thank you.
Sarina: What do you have me to thank for?
Y/n: Thank you for trusting me with this amazing opportunity to be captain for my country. Sarina: You're the person who most deserved it and you are doing an amazing job at it, I'm proud of you.
Y/n: You saying that means more to me than you will ever know. Sarina: Of course, now go get your stuff and get on to the bus please, I'll see you later.
Y/n: Bye Sarina, see you later.

I walk out of the room and start to walk back to my room, which I share with Keira by the way, when I am jumped on by my best friends Leah, Keira and Georgia, they have done this after every meeting that I have with Sarina before a match. They do it because they want to know the lineup and they think that if they are super nice to me then I will tell them but I will stick by my word to Sarina and make sure no one knows the team before they are allowed to, no matter if they are my best friends or not.

Georgia: So are we all in the starting eleven for the game then?
Y/n: I'm afraid I can't tell you that G
Leah: Come on Y/nickname, it's us, we're your best friends.
Y/n: And I love you all so much, you know that, but I promised Sarina, so no can do.
Keira: Just leave it guys, I respect your decision you make a great captain y/n.
Y/n: Thanks Ke, love you the most *smirks*
Leah: Come here you *tackles you to the ground and her and G start tickling you*
Y/n: Ke help me, stop them please.
Keira: Sorry Y/nickname, you're on your own there.