Part 18 ~It's not your fault~ ~Jill Scott and Lauren Hemp~

Jill's pov:
Today could've been the best day of all of those girls carrers but they just fell short, as soon as the whistle blew for full time, all of the girls collapsed to the ground, I was in the family and friends section with Ellen since we are retired, but one of the girls in particular caught my eye, when Lauren fell to the floor she looked so tired and heartbroken. We get to go down to the pitch and I walk straight over to Lauren, saying unlucky to anyone I pass and congratulating the few Spanish players I knew.

Lauren: It's my fault we lost.
Jill: No Lauren, do not ever think that.
Lauren: If I hadn't of hit the cross bar and that shot went in, maybe we would've played differently.
Jill: Yes but the rest of the girls and yourself had ninety minutes to score.
Lauren: But still I shouldn't have missed that.
Jill: Lauren just stop, you're still so young, and when you win the next world cup, I will be there to see it, cause I know you and all of these girls can do it, this just wasn't your time.
Sarina: *walks over* Lauren don't blame yourself please, we are a team, we win together and loose together.
Lauren: Ok Sarina. *Sarina walks off*
Jill: You're still blaming yourself aren't you? *Lauren just nods* let's get you back into the changing room and you can have a shower then get some rest.
Lauren: Please don't leave me Jilly.
Jill: I'll have to check with Sarina but I'm not going anywhere.
*They walk over to Sarina, so Jill can ask to stay with the team and Lauren*
Jill: Sarina would I be able to stay with Lauren for a bit, she's a bit shaken up.
Sarina: Of course Jill, stay as long as you need.
Jill: Thank you Sarina, come on Lauren *walks into the changing room with Lauren* Right you go have a shower and I'll get your favourite tracksuit out and ready for you.
Lauren: You're the best Jill.
Ellen: *walks over to Jill at Lauren's place in the changing room* Is she blaming herself?
Jill: Massively, I've got to keep her off social media cause there's already people saying shit, I'm not letting her get as bad as she was a while ago.
Ellen: Yeah we can't let that happen, look I have to go sort Meave out but I'll see you later ok.
Jill: Ok Elles *Ellen leaves and eventually Lauren comes out the shower, her eyes still red and puffy* Aww Lauren it's ok no need to cry, this is just a small set back in your career that you need to work past, but you do not need to do it alone.

Jill's pov:
Lauren doesn't really respond to me and instead she just walks over to where I had layed out her tracksuit to get changed, as she does this, more of the girls walk in, some still crying and others slowly stopping, Lucy was the former.

Jill: Luce don't cry.
Lucy: It was meant to be our time, we finally got past the semis.
Jill: Come here *hugs Lucy* Where's Ke?
Lucy: Shit, I don't know, I haven't even checked on her.
Keira: *walks over* I'm here, don't worry babe I'm fine, shall we get you ready and then get some rest?
Lucy: Yeah please baby.
Keira: Come on then *They walk off and Jill turns back to see Lauren looking down at her phone.*
Jill: What you looking at Lauren? *she doesn't respond and instead stands up and cries into Jill* Oh darling, did you read what people have been saying?
Lauren: *between sobs* Yeah, I didn't mean to but it's everywhere.
Jill: I know, how about we just leave your phone off and go to the bus and you can go to sleep, most of the girls are heading that way now.
Lauren: O-ok.
*They walk out to the bus and Lauren sits down on the seat by the window with Jill next to her, but soon enough Lauren is practically curled up on the latter fast asleep*
Sarina: Is she already asleep?
Jill: Yeah, she had read some comments and things online so I think the extra crying just wiped her out even more.
Sarina: Poor thing.
Jill: Yeah, but I won't let her struggle alone this time.
Sarina: What do you mean by this time?
Jill: When city lost the fa cup in the final, she got blamed a lot and was given a lot of hate but instead of coming to a teammate or her family, she shut everyone off and went into a really dark place.
Sarina: Poor girl, she's still only young.
Jill: I know, but I've got her this time.
Sarina: You're a great friend Jill *goes to sit down as the coach was about to leave, skip to when they get back to the hotel*
Esme: Do you want me to wake her up?
Jill: No it's fine let her sleep, I'm guessing you two are sharing.
Esme: Yeah, I'll show you the way
Jill: Thanks Es.
Esme: Was she ok? She just kept ignoring me.
Jill: She was blaming herself and then she read some stuff online and I think she's starting to try and do what she did after the fa cup.
Esme: We can't let that happen again.
Jill: I know that's why I'm here, I'm not going to leave her.
Esme: You're a great friend Jill.
Jill: Thanks Es, now you played too so get some sleep.
Esme: Ok mum *laughs*
Jill: Night Es, *gets in next to Lauren and holds the young girl* night Lauren sleep well it will all be ok.

a/n: Just a short one, sorry it's been so long