Super Chapter Three

I woke up still screaming.

When did I fall asleep?

"Hey it's just a nightmare!" Damien said.

I could feel his arms around me. He stroked my hair and tried calming me down.

"Huh? What? Where am I?" I said a little panicked.

I felt Damien hug me tight.

"Shh calm down, it's only me Damien."

I was shivering so hard, I don't know if it was from the fear or the cold. I was so cold, so cold... I felt like I was a human ice cube.

"Why are you so cold? Earlier you were burning up!" Damien asked concerned, "How can you be burning up earlier then be freezing cold?"

"I-I'm sorry D-Damien, but y-you have to go" I said tiredly.

"Let me stay and take care of you" he begged.

"Hey kiddos- whoa Damien I like you, but get away from Dyann boy. I may be an awesome parent, but I still am strict!" Celeste said coming up the stairs.

"Sorry ma'am, I was just leaving"

"See ya boy" Celeste said.

I got up and he left. Celeste smile banished and was replaced by a serious face. She walked up to me and felt my forehead.

"Some dream huh" she said, "You're really cold."

"I want to train and right now" I said.

"I don't think that's a good idea Dyann. You are all over the place and-"

"Please, I don't want to repeat things that happened today. Sparrow could have been killed by that g-guy. I need to be stronger and that's that" I said. "And besides, I was almost beaten by Shadow Guy at school."

"Fine, but I'm not going easy" she said and disappeared.

"You should at least tell me what we're starting with" I mumbled under my breath.

"Your fear" I heard her voice. The room started to darken more than it was already, the temperature dropped quickly. I began trembling, and I could see my breath come out in white puffs.

"Remember your the sun" said Celeste's voice, but it was only a whisper.

'I know I'm the sun, I just need to believe it' I said.

Think of something light, think of flashlights, think of the sun. Remember how you shinned bright like a star that one day. If you did that once, you can do it again.

The room was so cold and so dark.

No! Don't think of the dark.

Evil lurks in the dark. Dark is the opposite of you, it makes you weak! How can you gather energy from the cold? Or especially the darkness? You are like a solar panel, only useful when the sun is up.

I fell to my knees.

I can be strong...

Darkness! Cold! Dark! Freezing!

I took a deep breath and focused on the sun and only the sun.

A spark of light started in my hands and slowly made its way up to my elbows. The light grew stronger and soon it was to my shoulders. The light was keeping my body warm like a cozy sweater.

The room suddenly became darker and I couldn't see the couch, tv, or anything.

Don't panic.

I stood up and the light was traveling down my stomach to my legs.