Part 8

"Donnie have we got enough Mutagen for Mikey?" Leo gasped, he hoped so because they weren't going to be able to get anymore. 

"it should be, just, but how do we get out of here with it, the water is rising we don't have long before the water level swamps us" Donnie said,

"What the hell even is happening" Raph snapped, water was getting higher and higher, and where was it even coming from,

Raph and Donnie were holding the tank between them, they had climbed onto a worktop in the mutagen milking station to rest themselves, buy some time and to think, they were going to lose the mutagen if someone didn't think of something within the next few minutes. 

"Hey guys the mutagen worms have disappeared, where have they gone?" Leo had realised, 

"Kraathatrogons," Donnie corrected before adding "and so have April and Casey"  

"I hope they didn't get eaten like Casey did that time" Leo remarked, concerned for his friends.

"doubt it, these Kraathatrogons aren't as big like that other one was" Donnie added,

"Well if they haven't, they've split and left us here in the middle of battle" Raph added, 

"and they wouldn't do that willingly" Leo stated to all round agreement, 

"The ones known as the turtles must be destroyed" came the unmistakable voice from a Kraang Droid, the turtles swung the heads in the direction of the lab they had rescued Mikey from and that April and Casey had tried to destroy but had not totally succeeded in doing so before the flood happened. 

They saw a team of 6 Kraang Droids riding a speed boat, heading for their direction

Donnie whistled "we need that boat" he declared, 

"Way ahead of you Donnie" Leo said, unsheathing his Katanas and going underwater, in it's direction. 

Raph looked on anxiously it killed him inside, not to be helping Leo deal with the Kraang but he had to use all his strength & might to hold the tank they couldn't risk losing the only thing that was needed to save Mikey now. 

The Kraang were heading right for them and the two turtles knew they were sitting ducks, 

"C'mon Leo" Donnie whispered and wished, 

With the Kraang now pointing their laser guns right at them & the tank, in act of total desperation, Donnie flung his Bo at the laser gun knocking it into the water out of the Kraang's hand, "good shot Donnie" Raph acknowledged but the other 5 still had their weapons also pointing at them, "my turn" he gasped Raph threw one of his Sai's which caused another laser to explode, knocking that Kraang backwards causing the Kraang to fall into each other causing momentary chaos on the boat as it stopped, "Kraang hates it when turtle's do that" was heard, Raph held his other remaining Sai, preparing to throw it, when he had a target. 

The water was touching Raph & Donnie's feet creeping toward the tank the could feeling horrible gunk within the water on their feet.

When the Kraang squealing suddenly caught their attention as their boat was lifted vertically and they all fell into the water, Leo leaped on the boat in triumph and it settled back down. 

And he then took control of it's motor & controls & sped across in it to his brothers who carefully got on board with the tank feeling relief. 

"Go slow Leo, we don't want the mutagen to spill" Donnie said as Leo began speeding away,  

"next time build a lid on that thing" Leo moaned in annoyance, as he complied and slowed down.

"noted" was Donnie's unusually short reply, and the mutagen sloshed around in the tank, but didn't come close to spilling. The Kraang were firing at them from the water but they evaded their shots as they left the scene. 

Leo slowed down, "I don't like not knowing what happened to April and Casey" Raph muttered, 

"me either Raph, lets get Donnie home with the mutagen & so he can work on his cure for Mikey, while he's doing that you and I are going back to find April and Casey on this thing" Leo declared. 

Raph smiled relieved to hear that. 

They pulled up a short way from their lair, 

"I don't want to take this thing to close to the lair incase it has a tracker on it" Leo stated as he tethered it to a post, they got onto the concrete side out of the water and Leo and Raph carried the tank into the lair with Donnie running ahead of them desperate to get an update on Mikey, they had been way longer than he hoped they would and he was concerned by what state Mikey would surely be in by now. 

Master Splinter was relieved to see Donnie, things were getting dire with Mikey, 

Donnie immediately dropped to Mikey's side, to assess him.

"Where are your brothers did you succeed in your mission my son?" Splinter asked, 

"Yeah, we did....but.... they're right behind me Sensei" Donnie answered, distracted, 

"he's not good Sensei" Donnie bemoaned as he looked up as Leo and Raph finally entered carrying the tank, 

"take it straight to my lab" Donnie ordered with a urgency to his voice they understood, and they complied without a word. 

A moment later tank safely in the lab they were back and sat next to Mikey, 

"he's not gonna last much longer Donnie better work fast" Leo muttered anxiously, Donnie was already working on it in his lab. 

Raph punched Leo hard in the arm, irritated by what he said but mostly because he thought Mikey may of been able to hear what Leo said even though he Mikey unresponsive again. 

Leo grimaced forgetting Mikey could hear at least when they had left earlier. 

"We lost April and Casey father, they disappeared during the chaos. Raph and I have got to go and find them" Leo told Splinter, 

"hmm yes, you must my son, at once" Splinter replied calmly, 

Raph leaned over and whispered to Mikey "hey little bro, we got you the cure, Donnie's gonna fix you up in no time just hang on a little longer" he said hoping Mikey could hear, or just in case he could. 

As Leo and Raph headed back to the speed boat after loading up with new weapons. 

"Did Sensei seem weird to you?" Leo asked Raph, 

"no more than usual" Raph replied with a shrug, 

"He seemed, strange, too calm like he wasn't worried about April and Casey" Leo explained what he meant. 

"Yeah, I guess it's odd he wasn't surprised about April and Casey being missing, maybe he had a vision and already knew" Raph suggested, 

"maybe" Leo murmured as they got on board the boat and headed back to the Kraang's underground lab's yet again.

"I hope this is our last trip here I'm fed up yo-yoing here and back" Raph muttered as they were on route, "me too" Leo agreed wholeheartedly.